About This Position
As a Software Engineer I at Ellevest, you will work to design, build, and support many of the core systems powering Ellevest’s software and user experience. From our marketing site, to our web and mobile apps, to our financial computation engine, our Engineering team is at the heart of our organization, ensuring a best-in-class experience for our clients. We follow agile methodologies and on a day-to-day basis, leverage Ruby on Rails, React and React Native, among others. Our systems run on a modern AWS stack supported by exciting new technologies, and our entire team works in a highly collaborative, flexible structure to build towards high impact client facing outcomes.
This is a remote position, and you will be working under the direction of one of our Technical Leads within the Engineering organization.
- Code in a collaborative, agile environment developing new features across the stack
- Write well-tested, clean code and review other team members’ contributions
- Collaborate closely with product managers, product designers, software engineers, and QA engineers to develop new product features and implement product enhancements
- Partner with senior team members to maintain and improve Ellevest’s infrastructure, workflows, and systems
- Investigate and fix bugs throughout the codebase
- Good command of object-oriented programming best practices
- Ruby & React experience (preferred)
- Completed a coding bootcamp, self taught coding skills, or completed an undergraduate degree in computer science or a related area of study
- Experience supporting and scaling consumer-facing web applications and familiarity working with third party APIs
- Interest in working in a fast-paced, dynamic, and cross-functional work environment. This includes working independently and on a team.
- Passion for our mission to get more money in the hands of more women+
Ellevest was built with a mission to get more money in the hands of women+. With a money membership that gives access to investing, banking, learning, and coaching and a private wealth management service, Ellevest helps women+ take control of their financial futures.
Ellevest was co-founded by Wall Street veteran Sallie Krawcheck. Sallie is chair of the Ellevate Network and author of “Own It: The Power of Women at Work.” She previously worked as CEO of Smith Barney and Merrill Lynch Wealth Management and as CFO of Citi. Ellevest has raised $70MM from investors including Rethink Impact, Pivotal Ventures, Valerie Jarrett, Salesforce Ventures, PayPal Ventures, MasterCard, Khosla Ventures, Morningstar, and Venus Williams.
Working at Ellevest
Ellevest was founded in New York City, with a thriving team across our engineering, product, marketing, client experience, investments, and operations organizations working throughout the U.S.
We place a major emphasis on building a team and working environment where people can succeed professionally and personally. As a team member at Ellevest, you can expect to make a difference through your work, to have a direct impact on the achievement of a very meaningful mission, to significantly advance your career trajectory, and to have room for fun and fulfillment in your daily life. We know that achieving a mission as critical as ours requires incredible talent and teamwork, and team is the most important thing to us.
In 2019, Ellevest was named as one of LinkedIn’s 50 Hottest Companies to Work For and earned a spot on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list of “start-ups on the cutting edge of huge consumer, tech, and business shifts” — both for the second year in a row. In 2017, Ellevest was named one of Entrepreneur Magazine’s 100 Brilliant Ideas, and CNBC listed Ellevest as one of their Top 25 Most Promising Start-ups on a path to becoming tomorrow’s household names.” We are working every day to make this a reality and to create a brand and a service that helps women reach financial equality.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Note: Instead of a cover letter, we ask you to answer the three questions at the bottom of this application.
Dream Big. Invest Smart.
We’re redefining investing for women, and you’re so invited.
Want to learn more about Ellevest? Visit Ellevest's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one