About This Position
As a Financial Planner at Ellevest, you will have the opportunity to shape a new offering for our clients, working closely with our leadership team to build and implement a financial planning experience for women to pilot, release, and scale. You will develop this new service from the ground up, leveraging your strong professional knowledge to implement a financial planning methodology that best serves our clients, from conception through to release. This unique opportunity will provide the right candidate with a highly entrepreneurial experience, and the chance to provide thought leadership, build educational content, lead client-facing engagements, and grow this new offering from scratch. You will bring your knowledge from successful past experiences to help define a financial planning offering that helps clients make independent and informed decisions about their financial goals and stay on track to achieve those goals over time. You will help to develop a cadence for planning sessions, a pricing strategy, a content strategy, and framework for scaling this service over time with the development of a CFP® professionals team.
- Collaborate to create a financial planning service with a consistent methodology, philosophy and process, built to scale as the Ellevest business model expands
- Partner with Ellevest’s Chief Product Officer and Chief Design Officer to conduct a client experience that can be measured, tested, and iterated on
- Support the development of our initial marketing communications, client experience, and pricing model for recurring/ongoing planning sessions
- Brainstorm and trial a suite of varied financial planning offerings, and the corresponding services required to deliver them at the highest quality (Ex: monthly financial planning subscription, pay on demand/ by the hour, pay for money management, etc.)
- Provide financial education and guidance via 1:1 sessions, workshops, webcasts, phone-based coaching
- Comply with Ellevest methods and guidelines, and uphold our documentation and organization standards to meet compliance requirements
- Promote professional and team development by maintaining an in-depth understanding of financial planning, capital markets and the financial services industry; stay aware of significant changes or developments (e.g. taxation, regulatory, legal, competitive, technical) within the fields of investments and financial services
- Maintain all required licenses and designations
- CFP® certification that is current and active; other designations are a bonus
- 7 years minimum industry experience, with private practice experience
- Expert level knowledge of financial planning, and a specific methodology backed by demonstrated success with a current pool of clients
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills, high emotional intelligence, and the ability to translate complex financial topics to audiences of different levels of experience and knowledge
- Proactivity, dedication, flexibility and desire to thrive in a fast changing entrepreneurial environment
- Experience relying on and adapting to new technology
- Willingness to partner with the Ellevest brand and forgo any potential conflicts with existing brand in order to best serve Ellevest clientele
- Ability to travel for workshops, client events, and in person financial planning sessions
- Strong educational background
- Passion for our women-oriented mission
Ellevest is a transformative technology company created to help women achieve their financial potential. Ellevest helps women take control of their financial futures through investing, with a beautifully designed digital platform backed by an incredibly smart algorithm. Ellevest was co-founded by Wall Street veteran Sallie Krawcheck, chair of the Ellevate Network, previously CEO of Smith Barney and Merrill Lynch Wealth Management, formerly CFO of Citi, and author of “Own It: The Power of Women at Work.” Ellevest has raised over $19MM from investors like Khosla Ventures, Morningstar, and Venus Williams.
Ellevest has flipped the traditional approach to investing with a real-life, goal-based approach. Clients select personal financial goals such as buying a home, starting a business, raising a family, and retiring well, among others. Ellevest is unique in taking into account women’s longer lifespans and different salary curves, combined with her current financial picture, to construct highly customized investment portfolios for each of her goals. Ellevest’s unique algorithms are designed to get the client to her goal number or better in 70% of market scenarios, higher than traditional financial advisors.
Working at Ellevest
Ellevest is a leading tech company in New York City, with a thriving team across our engineering, product, marketing, client experience, investments, and operations organizations. We place a major emphasis on building a team and working environment where individuals can succeed professionally and personally. As a team member at Ellevest, you can expect to make a difference through your work, to have a direct impact on the achievement of a very meaningful mission, to significantly advance your career trajectory, and to have room for fun and fulfillment in your daily life. We know that achieving a mission as critical as ours requires incredible talent and teamwork, and team is the most important thing to us.
In 2017, CNBC listed Ellevest as one of their Top 25 Most Promising Startups on a path to becoming tomorrow’s household names. We are working every day to make that a reality, and create a brand and a service that fosters female financial independence.
Some Benefits of Working at Ellevest
- Flexible Schedule
- Unlimited Vacation
- Beautiful Office in Flatiron
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Parental leave policy
- Retirement savings plan (401k)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Note: Instead of a cover letter, we ask you to answer the three questions at the bottom of this application.
Dream Big. Invest Smart.
We’re redefining investing for women, and you’re so invited.
Want to learn more about Ellevest? Visit https://www.ellevest.com/
Jobs You May Like
Business and Legal Affairs, Kids and Family Programming
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Business Operations Coordinator
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Senior Interconnection Manager - Global Infrastructure Development
Twitch, San Francisco, CA
Financial Reporting & Technical Accounting
Palantir Technologies, Palo Alto, CA
Bonobos, New York, NY
Global Head of Total Rewards
Dropbox, San Francisco, CA