About This Position
The Product Manager will play a key role in delivering superior next-generation experiences for our investment platform. Candidates must have a passion for financial services product management, emerging technology, analytics and delighting the user throughout the entire customer experience.
The PM will support products from the initial discovery phase through the final delivery phase in an innovative and flexible way. Candidates must have experience with agile development, working closely with engineering, product design and marketing to craft simple and impactful web site and mobile experiences.
The candidate must be a strategic thinker and have strong communication skills. He/she needs to be able to communicate requirements to their team in a clear and concise way. They must be a team player and work well with others.
This position reports to the Chief Product Officer.
- Drive the entire product lifecycle of our financial operations platform, from conception, to requirements gathering and user stories, to design and development, to testing, to launch and to optimization.
- Build and maintain a product roadmap that focuses on Ellevest's financial operations: cash flow, brokerage operations, transfers, securities trading, digital financial advisory
- Integrate user research, market analysis and customer service feedback into product requirements to ensure we’re delivering the most impactful experience.
- Own and groom the product backlog, keeping the business KPIs and objectives in mind.
- Support product releases by:
- Understanding, analyzing and testing the user experience
- Prioritizing user stories and use cases on the product backlog
- Collaborating with engineering & product design to determine the best solution that meets the user needs
- QA testing the product
- Coordinating with internal stakeholders as necessary
- Analyzing and optimizing product features after launch
- Drive reporting and analytics to support the company’s KPIs and to determine the success of the product features
- Inform product decisions based on quantitative (A/B testing) and qualitative (user testing) data from users
- Coordinate with the Chief Product Officer, team, and marketing team to ensure that the experience is cohesive throughout.
- 5+ years experience working with fintech digital products, financial services, brokerage services, or financial advisory required
- A keen ability to understand and articulate priorities and make the right tradeoffs when necessary
- Collaborative, nimble and flexible, with a knack for building trust and influencing others
- An ability to work independently, while juggling multiple priorities, all with a drive to excel
- Excellent writing, communication, organizational and time management skills
- A strong commitment to company values and the Ellevest brand
Ellevest is a transformative technology company created to help women achieve their financial potential. Ellevest helps women take control of their financial futures through investing, with a beautifully designed digital platform backed by an incredibly smart algorithm. Ellevest was co-founded by Wall Street veteran Sallie Krawcheck, chair of the Ellevate Network, previously CEO of Smith Barney and Merrill Lynch Wealth Management, formerly CFO of Citi, and author of “Own It: The Power of Women at Work.” Ellevest has raised over $19MM from investors like Khosla Ventures, Morningstar, and Venus Williams.
Ellevest has flipped the traditional approach to investing with a real-life, goal-based approach. Clients select personal financial goals such as buying a home, starting a business, raising a family, and retiring well, among others. Ellevest is unique in taking into account a woman’s longer lifespan and different salary curve, combined with her current financial picture, to construct highly customized investment portfolios for each of her goals. Ellevest’s unique algorithms are designed to get the client to her goal number or better in 70% of market scenarios, higher than traditional financial advisors.
Working at Ellevest
Ellevest is a leading tech company in New York City, with a thriving team across our engineering, product, marketing, client experience, investments, and operations organizations. We place a major emphasis on building a team and working environment where individuals can succeed professionally and personally. As a team member at Ellevest, you can expect to make a difference through your work, to have a direct impact on the achievement of a very meaningful mission, to significantly advance your career trajectory, and to have room for fun and fulfillment in your daily life. We know that achieving a mission as critical as ours requires incredible talent and teamwork, and team is the most important thing to us.
In 2017, CNBC listed Ellevest as one of their Top 25 Most Promising Startups on a path to becoming tomorrow’s household names. We were also named one of Entrepreneur Magazine’s 100 Brilliant Ideas. We are working every day to make becoming a household name a reality, and create a brand and a service that fosters female financial independence.
Some Benefits of Working at Ellevest
Beautiful Office in Flatiron
Health, vision, and dental insurance
Parental leave policy
Retirement savings plan (401k)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Dream Big. Invest Smart.
We’re redefining investing for women, and you’re so invited.