About This Position
As a Financial Operations Associate at Ellevest, you will support the operational needs of Ellevest clients, working closely with the VP of Operations, the Client Experience Team, and Engineering to ensure efficient financial operations workflows. Growing rapidly, Ellevest has thousands of clients and advises on tens of thousands of financial transactions every month. These clients trust us to manage their hard earned money and smooth operational flows help earn that trust.
- Monitor departmental request queue for operational requests.
- Work with Customer Experience and Engineering to resolve operational issues such as:
- Client Billing
- ACH Bank Links
- Funds Availability
- Trade Timeliness
- Perform regular reconciliation review between third-party vendors and Custodial platform(s) Accounts & debit/credit trade settlements.
- Create and maintain spreadsheets and other documents via Microsoft Office suite.
- Assist with internal Compliance and Audit requirements.
- Support overall risk management functions, identify challenges to the business, suggest and implement solutions.
- Anticipate issues and proactively mitigate them.
- Perform general clerical support functions as necessary.
- Work with Product and Engineering team to improve user experience and develop product enhancements.
- Minimum of 2 years’ work experience; securities or bank operations experience preferred; Securities license is not required for this position.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA.
- All majors considered - degree in Finance, Economics or Business is preferred
- Familiarity with basic investment securities products with an emphasis on back office operations.
- Capacity to resolve basic client operational issues along with knowledge when to refer more complex requests to Manager for assistance.
- Self-starter, and effective in a collaborative environment; ability to work independently; desire to gain more knowledge through experience.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment; flexibility with process and systems.
- Experience with custodial relationships (i.e. Fidelity, Schwab) and reporting systems (i.e. PortfolioCenter, Black Diamond) desirable.
- Accuracy and detail oriented a must
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel, and proven ability to learn other software and technology;
- Adapt to a fast-paced and dynamic work environment. This includes working independently and on a team
- Passion for our women-oriented mission
Ellevest is a transformative technology company created to help women achieve their financial potential. Ellevest helps women take control of their financial futures through investing, with a beautifully designed digital platform backed by an incredibly smart algorithm. Ellevest was co-founded by Wall Street veteran Sallie Krawcheck, chair of the Ellevate Network, previously CEO of Smith Barney and Merrill Lynch Wealth Management, formerly CFO of Citi, and author of “Own It: The Power of Women at Work.” Ellevest has raised over $19MM from investors like Khosla Ventures, Morningstar, and Venus Williams.
Ellevest has flipped the traditional approach to investing with a real-life, goal-based approach. Clients select personal financial goals such as buying a home, starting a business, raising a family, and retiring well, among others. Ellevest is unique in taking into account a woman’s longer lifespan and different salary curve, combined with her current financial picture, to construct highly customized investment portfolios for each of her goals. Ellevest’s unique algorithms are designed to get the client to her goal number or better in 70% of market scenarios, higher than traditional financial advisors.
Working at Ellevest
Ellevest is a leading tech company in New York City, with a thriving team across our engineering, product, marketing, client experience, investments, and operations organizations. We place a major emphasis on building a team and working environment where individuals can succeed professionally and personally. As a team member at Ellevest, you can expect to make a difference through your work, to have a direct impact on the achievement of a very meaningful mission, to significantly advance your career trajectory, and to have room for fun and fulfillment in your daily life. We know that achieving a mission as critical as ours requires incredible talent and teamwork, and team is the most important thing to us.
In 2017, CNBC listed Ellevest as one of their Top 25 Most Promising Startups on a path to becoming tomorrow’s household names. We were also named one of Entrepreneur Magazine’s 100 Brilliant Ideas. We are working every day to make becoming a household name a reality, and create a brand and a service that fosters female financial independence.
Some Benefits of Working at Ellevest
- Flexible Schedule
- Unlimited Vacation
- Beautiful Office in Flatiron
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Parental leave policy
- Retirement savings plan (401k)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Note: Instead of a cover letter, we ask you to answer the three questions at the bottom of this application.
Dream Big. Invest Smart.
We’re redefining investing for women, and you’re so invited.
Want to learn more about Ellevest? Visit https://www.ellevest.com/
Jobs You May Like
Senior Internal Auditor
Time Inc., Bengaluru, India
Snap Inc., London, UK
Manager, Production Finance - International Originals Latin America
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
International Executive Assistant - Revenue
Dropbox, Dublin, Ireland
Palantir Technologies, Palo Alto, CA
Financial Analyst, OPEX FP&A
Lyft, San Francisco, CA