About This Position
As the Growth Data Analyst at Ellevest, you will have the opportunity to work with our marketing team to scale a fast-growing company by powering it with data, reporting, and analytics. We are looking for someone that has a blend of business instincts and technical creativity who can define, implement, and scale actionable systems that will provide the foundation which we use to grow. We want to automate what we can and consolidate the view of the business into actionable visualizations. If you have a knack for data tools and enjoy finding patterns, you are a great fit for this role. Come contribute to a vision-focused team that is looking to bridge the gender investing gap!
- Perform deep dive analytics on high-impact topics including ad channel performance, user cohorts, growth correlations, a/b testing results, and experiment data
- Automate and support ongoing analysis of business performance trends & insights on drivers required to inform executive decisions on a daily basis
- Use tools to develop repeatable dashboards to monitor and understand daily growth results and trends
- Work cross-functionally with engineering to insure data quality and systems performance
- Integrate growth experiments into a tracking framework that allows for continuous experimentation
- Work with marketing team to translate results into the overall digital investing model
- Experience collaborating with senior management to advise and translate data-driven insights into decisions and actions
- Proficiency in SQL
- Experience with relevant data analytics and visualization tools including Tableau, Segment.io, Kissmetrics, BigQuery, Google Data Studio
- Experience with a scripting language and statistical package a plus
- A bachelor's degree or higher in a quantitative discipline such as statistics, economics, mathematics, or computer science
- 3+ years of experience in a data-driven analysis role
- Passion for our women-oriented mission
Ellevest is a transformative technology company created to help women achieve their financial potential. Ellevest helps women take control of their financial futures through investing, with a beautifully designed digital platform backed by an incredibly smart algorithm. Ellevest was co-founded by Wall Street veteran Sallie Krawcheck, chair of the Ellevate Network, previously CEO of Smith Barney and Merrill Lynch Wealth Management, formerly CFO of Citi, and author of “Own It: The Power of Women at Work.” Ellevest has raised over $19MM from investors like Khosla Ventures, Morningstar, and Venus Williams.
Ellevest has flipped the traditional approach to investing with a real-life, goal-based approach. Clients select personal financial goals such as buying a home, starting a business, raising a family, and retiring well, among others. Ellevest is unique in taking into account a woman’s longer lifespan and different salary curve, combined with her current financial picture, to construct highly customized investment portfolios for each of her goals. Ellevest’s unique algorithms are designed to get the client to her goal number or better in 70% of market scenarios, higher than traditional financial advisors.
Working at Ellevest
Ellevest is a leading tech company in New York City, with a thriving team across our engineering, product, marketing, client experience, investments, and operations organizations. We place a major emphasis on building a team and working environment where individuals can succeed professionally and personally. As a team member at Ellevest, you can expect to make a difference through your work, to have a direct impact on the achievement of a very meaningful mission, to significantly advance your career trajectory, and to have room for fun and fulfillment in your daily life. We know that achieving a mission as critical as ours requires incredible talent and teamwork, and team is the most important thing to us.
In 2017, CNBC listed Ellevest as one of their Top 25 Most Promising Startups on a path to becoming tomorrow’s household names. We were also named one of Entrepreneur Magazine’s 100 Brilliant Ideas. We are working every day to make becoming a household name a reality, and create a brand and a service that fosters female financial independence.
Some Benefits of Working at Ellevest
- Flexible Schedule
- Unlimited Vacation
- Beautiful Office in Flatiron
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Parental leave policy
- Retirement savings plan (401k)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Note: Instead of a cover letter, we ask you to answer the three questions at the bottom of this application.
Dream Big. Invest Smart.
We’re redefining investing for women, and you’re so invited.
Want to learn more about Ellevest? Visit https://www.ellevest.com/
Jobs You May Like
Test Engineer - Desktop Modeler
Business Intelligence Analyst Intern
First Orion Corp., Little Rock, Arkansas
Senior Associate Scientist, Vector Analytics
Bluebird Bio, Cambridge, MA. USA
Convoy, Seattle, Washington
Technical Solution Consultant
Zuora, New York
Sr. Software Engineer
Magic Leap, Inc., Sunnyvale, CA