About This Position
As the Marketing Data & Analytics Manager at Ellevest, you will have the opportunity to play a foundational role in shaping the data function at fast-growing NYC financial technology startup committed to closing the gender investing gap. You possess a blend of statistical expertise, technical know-how, business instincts, and communication skills. Reporting into the Growth Marketing team, you’ll work cross-functionally with marketers, engineers, data scientists, product managers, and designers. With a focus on accelerating client acquisition, you’ll contribute to defining and implementing scalable data systems - and also to deriving, sharing, applying insights across the organization.
- Perform deep-dive analysis on business-critical topics including marketing channel performance & attribution, user cohort analysis, customer lifetime value, and product usage patterns
- Collaborate with engineers, data scientists, and product managers to develop well-documented, scalable analytics schemas and ensure long-term data quality
- Quantify the success of marketing and product initiatives, and identify areas for optimization and improvement
- Develop integrated financial models to predict future business growth
- Work with Marketing team members to establish targets and KPIs
- Create automated reports and dashboards
- 3+ years of experience in a data analysis role focused on digital marketing and/or digital product development
- Advanced proficiency in SQL; experience with a scripting language like Python or R preferred
- Deep expertise implementing and using a data visualization tool like Tableau or Looker
- Curiosity and aptitude to quickly become deeply knowledgeable of the dynamics of a complex business
- Strong understanding of statistics fundamentals
- Experience with web analytics tools like Google Analytics, Kissmetrics, Mixpanel, or Amplitude
- A bachelor's degree or higher in a quantitative discipline such as statistics, economics, physics, mathematics, or computer science
- Passion for our women-oriented mission
Ellevest is a transformative technology company created to help women achieve their financial potential. Ellevest helps women take control of their financial futures through investing, with a beautifully designed digital platform backed by an incredibly smart algorithm. Ellevest was co-founded by Wall Street veteran Sallie Krawcheck, chair of the Ellevate Network, previously CEO of Smith Barney and Merrill Lynch Wealth Management, formerly CFO of Citi, and author of “Own It: The Power of Women at Work.” Ellevest has raised over $44MM from investors like Rethink Impact, Salesforce Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Morningstar, and Venus Williams.
Ellevest has flipped the traditional approach to investing with a real-life, goal-based approach. Clients select personal financial goals such as buying a home, starting a business, raising a family, and retiring well, among others. Ellevest is unique in taking into account a woman’s longer lifespan and different salary curve, combined with her current financial picture, to construct highly customized investment portfolios for each of her goals. Ellevest’s unique algorithms are designed to get the client to her goal number or better in 70% of market scenarios, higher than traditional financial advisors.
Working at Ellevest
Ellevest is a leading tech company in New York City, with a thriving team across our engineering, product, marketing, client experience, investments, and operations organizations. We place a major emphasis on building a team and working environment where individuals can succeed professionally and personally. As a team member at Ellevest, you can expect to make a difference through your work, to have a direct impact on the achievement of a very meaningful mission, to significantly advance your career trajectory, and to have room for fun and fulfillment in your daily life. We know that achieving a mission as critical as ours requires incredible talent and teamwork, and team is the most important thing to us.
In 2017, CNBC listed Ellevest as one of their Top 25 Most Promising Startups on a path to becoming tomorrow’s household names. We were also named one of Entrepreneur Magazine’s 100 Brilliant Ideas. We are working every day to make becoming a household name a reality, and create a brand and a service that fosters female financial independence.
Some Benefits of Working at Ellevest
- Flexible Schedule
- Unlimited Vacation
- Beautiful Office in Flatiron
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Parental leave policy
- Retirement savings plan (401k)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Note: Instead of a cover letter, we ask you to answer the three questions at the bottom of this application.
Dream Big. Invest Smart.
We’re redefining investing for women, and you’re so invited.
Want to learn more about Ellevest? Visit Ellevest's website.
Jobs You May Like
Insight Health Data Science Fellows Program - Boston
Insight Fellows Programs, Starting June 4, 2018: Final Applications Due March 26 - Boston
Collective Health, San Francisco
Part-time Data Science Instructor
General Assembly, Melbourne
Conversion Specialist (ENG)
Site Reliability Operations Analyst
Palantir Technologies, Copenhagen, Denmark
Dropbox, Seattle, WA