About Our Company
Embark is the leading provider of online admissions software to colleges, universities, and fellowship around the world – we host both the Web site that students use to apply as well as the software that institutions use for recruiting, evaluation, and enrollment. So far, we’ve powered more than 14 million applications to thousands of organizations worldwide and our client list includes Harvard, Stanford, the Fulbright fellowship, and NYU to name a few. We see a big opportunity to streamline the college admissions process by creating an online marketplace for university education - in phase 1, think of it as Priceline for university education where students have a chance to be placed at good universities with open seats, potentially at a discount, after the traditional admissions process has closed.
Our New York headquarters is located in a loft space in Soho. We are a market leader but we are proud of our fun, start-up culture, which keeps us nimble. We pay 100% of our employees’ health benefits and are committed to creating opportunities for professional growth.
Do you love technology and have a soft spot for academia? We’d love to hear from you.
Embark’s COO will serve as a senior member of Embark’s management team and report to Embark’s CEO. He or she will play a critical role in product and client engagement. Given that we operate as a start up, we define product at Embark as finding and retaining market fit for our services.
Our COO will be responsible for:
- Developing hypotheses related to product offerings and engaging with clients and potential clients on smart experiments for engagement and feedback
- Creating product requirements for the engineering team (with support from our client associate) and helping to triage and reprioritize feature work
- Maintaining an evolving product roadmap (6-12 months out) based on client satisfaction and revenue opportunity analysis and informed by competitive analysis
Account Management and Business Development (30%):
- Managing some of Embark’s key account relationships as a way of staying immersed in client needs
- Leading business development initiatives for larger opportunities; keep in mind our business development is highly consultative
Related areas (20%):
This set of areas will be highly tailored to a candidate’s background and interests
- Developing and refining overview materials and financial models that are critical to Embark’s management and investor relations; a financial background could be particularly helpful as we’ve recently been approached about M&A activity
- Coding (we like to teach all team members how to code so they can have a deeper understanding of the product -- we’ve been able to do this successfully with staff with no coding background)
- 2+ years of management consulting or investment banking experience at a top-tier firm (open to various a range of skill levels, including highly experienced candidates; Embark’s CEO is a former management consultant with 20 years work experience)
- Outgoing and excited about spending a significant fraction of his/her time with clients
- Deeply analytical and comfortable with modeling and finance
- Degree(s) from a top university (typically 3.5+ GPA or above)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exposure to or strong interest in technology
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented but able to see the big picture and prioritize accordingly
Competitive Base Salary commensurate with experience, full health and dental benefits. Our work environment is casual but fast-paced and a position at our firm is as challenging and fulfilling as any within the technology sector.
Our Story Since 1995, Embark has been the leading provider of online application and admissions software to universities, colleges, and fellowship programs around the world. In the nearly two decades our company has been in business, our hosted solution has provided a platform for more than 14 million students to apply and hundreds of institutions to manage their evaluation and admissions process. Naturally, our latest platform has advanced substantially since the product’s first few lines of code were written out of an MIT dorm room. But we have stayed true to the company’s mission: leveraging technology to simplify and improve the application and admissions process for our clients. Embark has developed a reputation for a robust product offering with unparalleled flexibility and support from our customer service team. No implementation is too big or too small for us. So, whether you’re looking to bring your process online for the first time or to improve upon an existing in-house or third party system, you’ve come to the right place. Embark is in the midst of revolutionizing the industry that it created twenty years ago, and we’d love the opportunity to put our product and services to work for you.
Want to learn more about Embark? Visit Embark's website.
Jobs You May Like
UK Client Solutions Manager
Curalate, London, UK
Cloud Operations Engineer
Acquia, Pune, India
Imperfect Produce, Milwaukee
Operations Program Manager, NPI (New Product Introduction)
Essential Products, Palo Alto, CA
Customer Experience Specialist - Boston - Providence
Enjoy, Norwood, MA
Technical Implementation Manager