Senior Database Administrator - MySQL
Endurance International Group, Burlington, MA
A Company Built to (Em)Power
Our company is growing… rapidly… and as such, our Technical Operations team is growing too!
Endurance International Group has a position open for a Senior MySQL Database Administrator (DBA) to join our Technical Operations team in our Burlington, MA office. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to manage, tune, and architect exceptionally large databases with high transaction rates that deliver web content and services to our 3+ million customers.
You will support multiple teams engaged in both high volume transactional applications as well as OLAP applications for business intelligence.
What you get to do:
- Manage MySQL in production/QA/dev environments including installation, configuration, upgrades, schema changes, etc.
- Provide best practices on design, availability, replication, security, audit, and backup/recovery methodologies. Continuously re-evaluate the infrastructure for opportunities for optimization.
- Troubleshoot database issues and maintain database systems availability and scalability within production environments
- Perform capacity-planning exercises to properly identify required hardware, software, database configuration/architecture necessary to support application needs
- Support multiple Scrum teams to produce quality deliverables and meet deadlines, while effectively managing priorities and communicating progress
- Part of on-call rotation to respond to and resolve application issues to ensure production applications are online
What makes you successful in the role:
- Significant experience (5 years or more) managing complex production database systems, preferably at a large consumer-facing internet site. Understanding of database packaged releases, patching strategy, and enforcing standards via tools and automation is essential
- Expert with MySQL: server tuning, query optimization, replication strategies, storage engines, monitoring, capacity planning, backup, HA, etc.
- Ability to develop procedures, processes and conventions to standardize database operations
- Solid understanding of RDBMS security administration
- Proficient in the scripting language of your choice (shell, Perl, PHP, etc) for monitoring and custom automation
- Experience working with Subversion, Git, CVS, or other source code management tools
- Comfortable with automated configuration management (Puppet, Chef)
- Experience with Cloud based systems or Virtual environments (VMware, Openstack, AWS, Google Cloud)
- Familiar with working in a SOC/SOX-compliant environment and how to design/ follow procedures as well as write documentation to maintain compliance
Endurance International Group (NASDAQ: EIGI) helps millions of small businesses realize their dreams. We equip small businesses worldwide with products and technology to power their online web presence, email marketing, mobile business solutions, and more. Endurance’s best in class family of brands includes Constant Contact, Bluehost, HostGator, iPage, Domain.com, BigRock, and SiteBuilder, among others. Headquartered in Burlington, Massachusetts, Endurance employs more than 3,800 people across the United States, Brazil, India, and the United Kingdom.
About Endurance International Group
Founded in 1997, Endurance has grown into an international family of brands that provides small business owners with the tools they need to establish and build their web presence, get found in online search, and connect with customers through social media, email marketing, and more. At the heart of our technology is a commitment to (em)Powering small businesses and ensuring their success online. It’s what drives our 4,000+ employees every day. And it’s what ultimately changes the lives of our 5 million+ customers.