Senior Product Designer (UX)
Endurance International Group, Waltham, MA
A Company Built to (Em)Power
The Endurance International Group Product Design team is passionate about creating digital solutions for small business owners so they can not only survive, but thrive.
The Work You'll Do:
- Collaborate with peers, stakeholders, product managers, and developers to oversee the user experience of a product from conception until launch as well as additional on-going iterations
- Mentor junior designers and take project lead as needed
- Work hand in hand with UX leadership to develop design systems
- Advocate for and implement the adoption of a unified pattern library
- Translate complex product requirements into easy and intuitive user flows
- Facilitate product vision by researching, conceiving, wireframing, and mocking up user experiences
- Design flows and user interfaces that are simple, effective, and delightful
- Create storyboards, user flows, conceptual wireframes, interaction diagrams, interaction specifications, and functional prototypes
- Act as the user's advocate throughout the entire development process by subjecting early-stage designs to usability testing or expert review, and offering iterative suggestions from a user-centered perspective
- Take a data-driven approach to influence your visual and interaction design decisions
- Communicate your ideas, designs, and UX best practices to successfully convince, motivate, and inspire stakeholders
- Provide and encourage feedback from your team and other designers, seeking to continuously learn and improve
- Work remotely with our hosting brands - including Bluehost and HostGator - all while being co-located with your design manager, design lead and broader product design team in our Waltham, MA office.
- Relentless champion of the user’s cause throughout the entire design and development process.
- Possess a portfolio of work that highlights your designs and design process, including work for phone, tablet and web platforms
- Have a command of interaction design core principles: architecture, interaction and user-centered design.
- Communicate your design process clearly and appropriately for the specific audience
- Desire to collaborate and communicate, with experience working in a multidisciplinary UX group. Experience working with remote teams is a plus
- Experience mentoring and/or leading a team of UX designers
- Experience working remotely with your product owner and development team
- Able to manage multiple high-priority initiatives, including early stage product strategy as well as delivery of tactical and incremental design improvements
- Ability to articulate the metrics you would use to determine if your design decisions solved the user problem
- Comfortable juggling multiple projects at once. As an open-source company, you’ll need to react quickly to new ideas in the ecosystem
- Ability to accept input gracefully while also taking the initiative to push back respectfully when advocating for optimal user experience
- 6+ years of experiences in the User Experience design field and a relevant educational background
- Expert proficiency with current tools for web and product design such as Sketch, Axure, and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience working in an Agile Scrum environment
- General understanding of HTML and CSS
- SaaS, Domains and WordPress experience a plus
- Ability to travel occasionally (domestically) to collaborate with product teams
- We are more than a design production crew. We play a strategic role that informs and shapes product strategy along with our product management and development teams. We are part of early-stage concept development, rapid prototyping and design detailing.
- As a global multi-brand company, we provide the opportunity to work on multiple products seen by millions of users.
- We work hard to make the world a better place by helping small business owners thrive in a dynamic digital ecosystem.
- We are an agile, energetic and dynamic team of world-class designers, coders, writers, innovators and researchers that collaborate with one another and our stakeholders.
- We make sense of ambiguity and fail forward and move fast.
- We have propensity for bad puns and free food.
- We collaborate and celebrate one another’s wins.
- We love what we do.
Show us what you love to do. We can’t wait to meet you.
About Endurance International Group
Founded in 1997, Endurance has grown into an international family of brands that provides small business owners with the tools they need to establish and build their web presence, get found in online search, and connect with customers through social media, email marketing, and more. At the heart of our technology is a commitment to (em)Powering small businesses and ensuring their success online. It’s what drives our 4,000+ employees every day. And it’s what ultimately changes the lives of our 5 million+ customers.