Constant Contact, Inc. helps small businesses and nonprofits connect with their customers, clients, and members. Constant Contact® champions the needs of small organizations and provides an easy, affordable way to build successful, lasting customer relationships.
We're looking to expand our team of developers located in our Waltham office. As a part of our agile team, you'll be working with innovative tools, processes and people to engineer web applications that are distributed and consumed on a massive scale.
We are a fun, collaborative, agile work team solving interesting engineering challenges involving scale and big data. Our organization puts an emphasis on learning and career growth with a commitment to a work/life balance and sustainable development. We work with state of the art technologies, methodologies, and processes.
You are open to change and eager to work with tools and technologies that may be outside your comfort zone. You enjoy working in an open and collaborative environment. You express your opinions, and have the facts to back them up, but are willing to compromise when necessary. You like to have fun while you’re working, but understand when it’s time to get serious.
- As part of the Core SaaS Metrics scrum team, contribute to the development of core services that power the Constant Contact product: Tracking, Reporting and Segmentation
- Actively participate in a Scrum environment, iterate quickly, and contribute toward key goals
- Engage with Product Management, Development, and Quality Engineering to provide guidance on Operability, Release and Configuration Management, infrastructure and application capacity management and provisioning.
- Create, maintain, and document tools and automation for handling system state and operational excellence across complex infrastructure
- Capacity Management for all tiers across multiple applications
- Design, implement and maintain instrumentation to provide transparency to application and system state, history, and trends
- Engage with teams across Constant Contact to share best practices and leverage tools and code for re-use as effectively as possible
- 1+ years of production engineering related experience
- Must have a strong, customer-centric philosophy, a drive to go above and beyond the norm to fully resolve issues
- Experience with Linux/Unix operating systems
- Strong scripting experience with shell scripting preferred
- Ruby experience
- Experience working with Java applications, including tuning, configuration, troubleshooting, etc
- Experience with Continuous Deployment/ Continuous Integration tools:
- Source Control software such as Git
- CI tools such as Jenkins / Bamboo or equivalent
- Build automation tools such as Maven / Ant or equivalent
- Configuration management software such as Puppet/Chef/CF Engine or equivalent.
- Experience with Artifact repository tools such as Artifactory
- Must be an out-of-the-box thinker willing to challenge conventional approaches and build consensus around innovative solutions
- Excellent ability to document current requirements and enhance existing processes throughout our infrastructure
- Experience with JBoss, TomEE, TorqueBox or similar application servers
- Exposure to application-level monitoring tools such as Nagios, Gomez or other equivalent industry standard tools
- Experience working within an agile project management framework
- MySQL/DB2 experience or similar
- Understanding of Microservices
- Experience with Apache, NGINX or similar web servers
About Endurance International Group
Founded in 1997, Endurance has grown into an international family of brands that provides small business owners with the tools they need to establish and build their web presence, get found in online search, and connect with customers through social media, email marketing, and more. At the heart of our technology is a commitment to (em)Powering small businesses and ensuring their success online. It’s what drives our 4,000+ employees every day. And it’s what ultimately changes the lives of our 5 million+ customers.
Want to learn more about Endurance International Group? Visit Endurance International Group's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior API Engineer, Subscriptions
Ring Inc., Santa Monica, CA
Senior DevOps / Site Reliability Engineer
DNAnexus, Mountain View
SEO and Content Strategist
Conductor, London, UK
Quantitative Researcher/Statistician (Revenue Optimization)
Yelp, San Francisco, CA
Senior Manufacturing Engineer - Process Engineer
Fitbit, China - Shanghai
Games Infrastructure Engineer
Lumosity, San Francisco