AWS DevOps Principal Engineer
Endurance International Group, Salt Lake City, UT remote
A Company Built to (Em)Power
Seeking a Local or Remote Candidate
At Endurance International Group we are looking for an AWS DevOps Principal Software Engineering team member to help us with our mission of empowering the world’s business owners, content publishers, and those with ideas to control their online destiny. We want to enable everyone to be able to establish their online presence. This opportunity is remote.
The AWS DevOps Principal Engineer will help the team build scalable cloud infrastructure to support our various technology initiatives.
The AWS DevOps Principal Engineer will implement monitoring for automated system health checks and build our CI/CD pipeline, and train/guide the team in DevOps practices.
We process real-time data into our product portal and then display these data and associated analytics for our customers as a cloud-based application.
We are migrating from a legacy monolithic codebase to a containerized, cloud-based system.
The AWS DevOps Principal Engineer will support product development, test and production environments.
- The ideal candidate will be technically strong, highly productive, and enjoy collaborating.
- You’ve worked on services that are highly available, scalable, and redundant.
- You understand that simple systems are easier to operate and tackle.
- You value simplicity at scale. You can balance speed and quality with iterative and incremental improvements.
- You’ve made life easier for other developers and have motivated your teams to make both process and service improvements with your ability to automate and instrument properly to get the right data.
- You understand operational quality and how to instill a culture of being proactive with your teammates in a collaborative, agile environment.
- You find anomalies that didn’t trip any alarms and root cause problems before they become real problems.
Challenges for the Team:
- The biggest challenges currently for the team are scalability, performance and availability, breaking up a monolith to shared micro-services.
- The growth of the business is driving our Product Delivery Team to improve the ability of our systems to scale out and handle internet traffic patterns that are several orders of magnitude greater than what we can support today.
- We understand that software is living and needs investment and are ready to do so as a company and as a leadership team.
- The challenge is making the right tradeoffs, communicating those decisions optimally, and streamlined execution.
What you'll do:
- Drive and work on algorithm and architecture design for cloud-based solutions (AWS, OpenShift), execute and deliver results
- Participate in setting a vision and objectives for AWS Based Cloud solutions in alignment with customer needs and market opportunities
- Possess expert knowledge in large scale distributed system design and engineering best practices
- Explore new technologies, architect and design end-to-end web development technology stack, responsive web design, service-oriented architecture (SOA), Microservices, and turn concepts to products using Agile frameworks.
- Join a great group of motivated, top-notch people and work with them to solve challenging problems in a fun, collaborative environment
- Collaborate with technology, architecture, product management and UX design teams to architect and design enterprise-class solutions, and drive outcome with focus on enriched customer experience.
- Consistently deliver high quality, end-to-end solutions using innovative approaches to complex design problems.
- Lead technical design activities and ensure all technical hurdles are resolved to deliver high quality product roadmap and drive solutions into the development scrum teams.
- Analyze and tune application performance with a focus on performance and efficiency throughout
- Experience with Python libraries such as SQLAlchemy, Flask, Django are a plus
Who you are:
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field with 10 years of relevant industry experience
- Exposure to microservices technologies like Docker/Kubernetes, CI/CD tools like Jenkins, and the cloud platform Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Expert software architecture, data structures/algorithm and Python and/or Java skills with emphasis on memory, runtime, quality and scalability.
- Experience with SQL relational databases, REST, with NoSQL experience a plus
- Experience with the command line, git, and other development tools
- Experience in container orchestration in a distributed architecture, to manage multiple containers deployed across multiple host machines is preferred.
- Sound knowledge of design principles, distributed architectures, data structures and algorithms
- Hands-on experience building and operating highly available, high-traffic web services
- Hands-on experience developing services on a public cloud platform (e.g., AWS, Azure, Oracle) required.
Why you'll love us:
- In this era of COVID-19, we believe in putting our employees first and keeping them safe. We were one of the first technology companies to make significant changes to our office environments and team interactions, including mandatory working from home and safety procedures to enter our office space. We are committed to not require any face-to-face interaction for our employees until the data shows it is entirely safe for our teams.
- We relax with the best of ‘em. We play ping pong, chill with video games, reject the cube life in favor of open seating and spaces, and cultivate a relaxed office vibe that spurs creativity and innovation.
- We’re in the midst of it all. Downtown SLC, where we’re located, boasts fine art and history museums, a zoo, botanical gardens, and hiking and biking trails. Plus we’re only a few hours away from incredible skiing and some of the nation’s most breathtaking national parks.
- Join the experts. If you’re passionate about WordPress and equally passionate about supporting businesses of all sizes, you won’t find a better spot to share your talent.
- We’ve got you covered. From 401k, generous PTO, tuition reimbursement, casual dress code and excellent medical, dental, and vision - we’re there for you!
About Endurance International Group
Founded in 1997, Endurance has grown into an international family of brands that provides small business owners with the tools they need to establish and build their web presence, get found in online search, and connect with customers through social media, email marketing, and more. At the heart of our technology is a commitment to (em)Powering small businesses and ensuring their success online. It’s what drives our 4,000+ employees every day. And it’s what ultimately changes the lives of our 5 million+ customers.
Want to learn more about Endurance International Group? Visit Endurance International Group's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.