Drive the implementation of category strategies by executing strategic sourcing initiatives and procurement optimization projects, as well as ongoing category management. Support category planning and budget alignment process by providing required category specific input. This role reports into the VP of Procurement.
- Define supply strategy, create annual and 3-yr sourcing plan, and report progress
- Define supply strategy and 3 year sourcing plan to maximize value and minimize supply risk for categories;
- Define annual detailed sourcing plan with timing, resource requirements and category targets;
- Report progress against the annual sourcing plan.
- Manage the procurement strategy implementation / sourcing execution for a set of categories in a Cross-Functional Team setting
- Organize and lead a cross-functional team to apply the strategic sourcing methodology;
- Lead internal and external analysis (industry and supplier);
- Develop sourcing strategy for the in-scope categories;
- Lead supplier selection and fact-based negotiations;
- Define and document category specific operational processes and policies, facilitate non-compliance reporting and facilitate compliance assurance;
- Record and report performance (savings) of conducted sourcing projects on a regular basis, using pre-defined reports and frameworks
- Lead contract implementation and drive contract compliance for categories
- Work in collaboration with Purchasing Ops/Legal in order to ensure acceptance of new contracts;
- Coordinate contract implementation tasks with users;
- Closely monitor internal customers contract compliance; define and take approved corrective actions to improve contract compliance.
- Manage supplier relationships for categories
- In line with defined procurement strategy, support the classification and categorization of suppliers; including definition of supplier evaluation and audit policies
- Continuously track supplier performance;
- Lead supplier development activities; set up cross functional review meetings with suppliers in order to improve performance and further reduce cost;
- Initiate and conduct supplier audits;
- Identify potential contract improvement opportunities & re-negotiations;
- Identify and develop new local suppliers.
- Manage internal customer relationships for categories
- Conduct periodic surveys to measure internal customer feedback for continuous improvement;
- Proactively organize sessions with internal customers to identify improvements for procurement and further TCO reduction opportunities.
- Execute large Spot Buys ($300k+)
- Source major unplanned ad hoc demands to keep control over high spend utilizing deep sourcing / category expertise;
- On an exception basis, handle critical and high-risk requests even below the value limit.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, preferably engineering and/or ecommerce or equivalent
- 10 + years of procurement experience with substantial experience in strategic sourcing and in depth knowledge of covered market and relevant categories
- Strong analytical thinking (understand complex subjects, decompose into comparable components, structured evaluation and documentation)
- Supplier market (for assigned categories) and product / service portfolio insights; awareness of Endurance requirements
- Thorough understanding of strategic sourcing methodology incl. Category Profiling, Total Cost of Ownership, Risk Management and Savings/Benefit monitoring
- Supplier identification, tendering, evaluating and selection expertise, including usage of electronic sourcing tools
- Project and stakeholder management experience
About Endurance International Group
Founded in 1997, Endurance has grown into an international family of brands that provides small business owners with the tools they need to establish and build their web presence, get found in online search, and connect with customers through social media, email marketing, and more. At the heart of our technology is a commitment to (em)Powering small businesses and ensuring their success online. It’s what drives our 4,000+ employees every day. And it’s what ultimately changes the lives of our 5 million+ customers.