Principal Ruby Engineer
Endurance International Group, Waltham, MA / Remote, US
A Company Built to (Em)Power
Do you have a deep understanding of Ruby and Rails at a platform level and can build complex applications at scale?
We have an opening for a Principal Software Engineer to help build our next-generation content authoring platform. Join our team of experienced Ruby craftsmen to build a scalable, robust, high-quality SaaS platform. Over half a million users will rely on your code to help grow their businesses.
Constant Contact is a trusted partner in helping small businesses, nonprofits, and individuals achieve real results and move their businesses forward. With all the tools you need to market your ideas, we make it easy to quickly and affordably build a professional brand online, attract customers, and do more business online.
We couldn't be more excited to continue the focus on building simple, yet powerful tools that help small businesses achieve their goals with our new partnership.
To be successful in this role, you should have a deep understanding of Ruby and Rails and the ability to demonstrate that knowledge. You’ll also have a high degree of software craftsmanship, and a passion for coding and problem-solving.
Who you are:
- 6+ years of software development experience using Ruby and Ruby on Rails
- A proven track record of the development of large-scale consumer or enterprise SaaS applications and delivering highly scalable web applications
- Experience mentoring and/or speaking on topics associated with the Ruby community
- Experience with Agile Software Development methodologies
- Familiarity and enthusiasm to do unit, integration, and functional tests
- Experience writing crisp, clean REST APIs
- Experience using git
- Poses a strong interest in customer problems and how to solve them
- Exceptionally strong written and verbal communications skills, as well as good interpersonal and organizational skills
Why you'll love us:
- We celebrate one another’s differences. We are proud of our culture of diversity and inclusion, and we're always working hard to strengthen and improve this culture. We have programs in place that bring us together on important issues and provide educational opportunities for all employees.
- Join the experts. If you're passionate about supporting businesses of all sizes, you won’t find a better spot to share your talent. We’re dedicated to improving the quality of our product from a customer standpoint and have a true desire to enable the success of businesses, non-profit organizations, and community groups.
- You’ll have opportunities to grow your career. We encourage and support our team members to learn different aspects of the business, take on stretch assignments and seek coaching opportunities.
- We’ve got you covered. We are a family! From excellent medical to life insurance, education sponsorships to interest-free loans, Flexi-leave to casual dress code - we've got your back!
Where permitted by applicable law, successful applicants must have received, or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by the date of hire to be considered for the job.
About Endurance International Group
Founded in 1997, Endurance has grown into an international family of brands that provides small business owners with the tools they need to establish and build their web presence, get found in online search, and connect with customers through social media, email marketing, and more. At the heart of our technology is a commitment to (em)Powering small businesses and ensuring their success online. It’s what drives our 4,000+ employees every day. And it’s what ultimately changes the lives of our 5 million+ customers.
Want to learn more about Endurance International Group? Visit Endurance International Group's website.
File hosting service