EnerNOC, an Enel Group company and a leading provider of demand response and energy efficiency solutions, has an immediate need for a skilled Applications Support Engineer to provide world class technical support for our EnerNOC Application. This is the perfect opportunity to work for a company experiencing tremendous growth in the clean energy industry. You will see the results of your efforts immediately, as you will be responsible for ensuring the reliable and consistent execution of the company's Production EnerNOC Application that our Network Operations Center (NOC) will use to help manage energy usage around the world.
As a member of the Production Operations team located in Dublin, Ireland, your technical experience in supporting a complex environment of micro-services along with your previous experience helping to maintain an application with 24/7 uptime will enable you to dive right in to learning the specifics of supporting the EnerNOC application. These skills, coupled with your exceptional diagnostic abilities, interest in learning new technologies, and working in a fast paced dynamic environment, will help the team guarantee the reliability of the EnerNOC Application.
Critical to your success in this role will be the ability to bring excellent communication skills to the table, both written and verbal, as you interface with groups throughout the company. You’ll not only need to understand and provide support for technical issues, you will also need to communicate them to non-technical teams in a clear and understandable manner. Prior experience working with or providing support for projects utilizing some of the following will be helpful for this role: AWS services, Unix/Linux, Jboss, Apache, Oracle RDBMS, Java, Complex Event Processing, Coherence, RabbitMQ, Bonitasoft, Cognos, Splunk, Java, and Python.
If you have a desire to have fun with a committed team who is passionate about making the energy industry more efficient, effective, and environmentally sustainable, then this is a terrific opportunity to do just that!
- Triage and investigate production issues, pursue root cause, manage priority
- Support release procedures and communication
- Maintain and improve internal tracking and monitoring tools (JIRA, Splunk)
- Improve documentation for new and retroactive issues
- Develop and enforce new processes, SLAs and escalation paths in a rapidly changing environment
- Communicate comfortably and effectively about production needs and issues with all levels of the organization
- High comfort level supporting one or more of the following: SAAS, AWS, Splunk, Jboss, Apache, Oracle RDBMS, OpenFire, Ejabberd, Complex Event Processing, Coherence, RabbitMQ, Bonitasoft, Cognos, Linux/Unix
- Curiosity and ability to learn new systems and technologies
- Service-oriented and team focused attitude
- Ablility to ensure the reliable and consistent execution of the EnerNOC Production platform by proactively looking for and addressing platform issues before they are noticed by end users
- High attention to detail and fierce commitment to root cause
- Ability to quickly prioritize and multitask
- Ability to work reliably and independently with remote teams
- Bachelor in Computer Science or equivalent
- Interest in Energy Industry.
Who We Are EnerNOC is a team of mission-driven people who recognize that using a 20th century construct for managing energy doesn't fit today's global imperative to use energy better. We believe that energy intelligence software (EIS) will fundamentally change the way the world uses energy, giving our business customers more control over energy costs and the utilities that serve them the ability to forge deeper customer relationships.
Want to learn more about EnerNOC? Visit EnerNOC's website.
Jobs You May Like
Twilio, San Francisco, CA
Full Stack Developer
Beam Solutions, San Francisco, CA
VP of Engineering (DC, SF, NYC)
Nava, Washington, DC
Infrastructure Team Lead
Lalamove, Hong Kong
Senior Frontend Engineer
The Trade Desk, Boulder, CO
Graduate Software Developer - Brisbane 2019