EnerNOC, an Enel Group company and a leading provider of technology-based energy management solutions, has an immediate need for an experienced Product Manager to join our global product management team.
Reporting to the Director of Product Management, you will be responsible for developing the roadmap for and ensuring the successful creation of a world class Flexibility Platform and for the successful deployment and support of the platform for European and other assigned markets. You will work hand in hand with our product strategy teams to understand assigned energy markets, customer needs and product offerings for those markets, and business operations stakeholders from across EnerNOC to appropriately prioritize and specify product investments. This is a terrific opportunity to have a major impact on some of the most innovative killer applications of the smart grid.
- Develop and maintain deep knowledge of our target customers and our markets in Europe and elsewhere as assigned
- Understand EnerNOC’s offerings and how they can be applied to address specific customer and market needs
- Conduct interviews of customers and target users of our Flexibility Platform gather general data and detailed feedback for specific initiatives
- Identify, prioritize, create and implement enhancements and new offerings by assessing the market, listening to customers, defining requirements, building product, and rolling out new solutions
- Document business requirements in the form of epics and user stories and communicate them effectively to the engineering teams
- Work directly with our engineering teams and represent the voice of customer and the market in the development process
- Understand EnerNOC’s product strategy and roadmap across key internal functional areas, including product development, marketing, sales, operations, finance, and legal, and support go to market activities
- At least three years previous experience in software product management or relevant experience within the product development life cycle
- The ideal candidate will have at least three years of experience with demand response and/or distributed energy resources and flexibility management and will possess a thorough understanding of energy markets and the mechanics of energy market operations
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required; MBA with undergraduate degree in engineering, math, science, economics or related field preferred
- Experience with Agile/Scrum and related software development methodologies
- Strong business acumen and experience developing and presenting robust business cases
- Strong track record of result-oriented achievement in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- A valid passport and the ability to occasionally travel internationally required
- Creativity and a sense of humor essential
About EnerNOC, an Enel Group company:
EnerNOC is a leading provider of energy intelligence software and related solutions. EnerNOC unlocks the full value of energy management for utility and commercial, institutional, and industrial (C&I) customers by delivering a comprehensive suite of demand-side management services that reduce real-time demand for electricity, increase energy efficiency, improve energy supply transparency in competitive markets, and mitigate emissions. EnerNOC serves thousands of commercial, institutional, and industrial customers worldwide through a suite of energy management applications. For more information, visit www.enernoc.com.
Who We Are EnerNOC is a team of mission-driven people who recognize that using a 20th century construct for managing energy doesn't fit today's global imperative to use energy better. We believe that energy intelligence software (EIS) will fundamentally change the way the world uses energy, giving our business customers more control over energy costs and the utilities that serve them the ability to forge deeper customer relationships.