EnerNOC, an Enel Group company and a leading provider of demand response, energy procurement and energy management solutions, has an immediate need for a Business Development Manager to join our world-class Sales organization. We are looking for a sharp, motivated individual who is committed to driving change under the banner of a successful and well-respected international company.
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for developing new prospects to increase revenue according to EnerNOC’s annual prospecting, customer meeting, and proposal goals.
The Business Development Manager will join our regional sales team as a subject matter expert who will evangelise EnerNOC's energy procurement, energy management and utility bill management solutions and drive revenue for the company. Working most of their time out in the field, the Business Development Manager will enjoy autonomy as well as the support of a bright, dedicated, and team-oriented sales team.
This role requires a confident and professional self-starter who is comfortable interfacing with senior level leadership, aggressive in finding and closing business, focused on meeting the customer’s needs, and able to work well within a team of sales managers in a rapidly growing business. Proven success prospecting and navigating complex sales and generating proposals to meet a customer’s unique energy management needs is critical.
- Prospect for and recruit energy procurement, energy management and utility bill management solutions customers via direct sales;
- Develop customer market segmentation, targeting strategies, and sales planning as necessary and in conjunction with objectives of the EMEA sales team.
- Use existing and future EnerNOC internal SaaS systems for pipeline management and sales progress reporting;
- Analyse customer energy and facility data to understand a company's energy management needs and propose solutions;
- Conduct facility audits to identify flexibility in energy consumption.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to develop customer energy reduction plans;
- Promote solutions using EnerNOC's portfolio of offerings that answer the business needs of key enterprise customers of EnerNOC
- Negotiate and close contracts for energy management related services with these customers;
- Advise EnerNOC's marketing team on ways to improve product offerings and go to market strategies.
- Delivering weekly, quarterly, and annual sales metrics.
- Minimum of B.A. or B.S. undergraduate degree required
- At least 5 years of outside sales experience
- At least 3 years of B2B sales experience
- Experience with closing sales of energy solutions, energy hardware, energy software, or energy management services in the commercial, institutional, and or industrial markets.
- Ability to develop strong customer relationships
- A proven track record of meeting and exceeding sales quotas
- An inherent hunter mentality and lead generation expertise as well as the ability to quickly identify and qualify sales opportunities to build and maintain a pipeline for new business
- Ability to illustrate ROI to C level decision makers, as well as interacting with facilities managers and engineers
- An established network of target market contacts
- Previous experience selling into large commercial or industrial businesses
- Experience within the energy space, such as energy supply, procurement, energy software, electrical hardware, or billing and tariff analysis is preferred, but not required.
Who We Are EnerNOC is a team of mission-driven people who recognize that using a 20th century construct for managing energy doesn't fit today's global imperative to use energy better. We believe that energy intelligence software (EIS) will fundamentally change the way the world uses energy, giving our business customers more control over energy costs and the utilities that serve them the ability to forge deeper customer relationships.
Want to learn more about EnerNOC? Visit EnerNOC's website.
Jobs You May Like
Enterprise Account Executive
Mixpanel, United States; San Francisco, CA
Sales Operations Intern
VTS, New York
Lightspeed, Montreal, QC
Pro Service Expert (m/f)
Formlabs, Berlin, Germany
UX Designer - Engineering Success
Twitch, Irvine, CA
Sales Director - DACH (Based in London or Germany)