Who We’re Looking For
We are looking for a thoughtful, strategic leader to scale Financial Planning and Analysis at Enigma. You'll play an instrumental role in helping Enigma grow into the world’s leading data and technology company through strategic thinking, resourcefulness, creativity, and commitment to execution. You will understand the financial and operational drivers of our business at a granular level, providing critical support spanning all areas of the business by taking on a wide range of strategic financial and analytical projects, particularly as related to Enigma’s core revenue sources and various business and corporate development opportunities.
You believe in the transformative power of data and are excited by its potential to meaningfully improve the way Fortune 500 companies do business. You embrace responsibility: the buck stops with you. You have demonstrated expert financial modeling skills, high attention to detail, and an operator’s mindset. You demonstrate strong business acumen with an understanding of enterprise software, data services, and management consulting business models and how to develop and track KPIs for such businesses. You are analytical, creative, curious, and resourceful. You are always prepared to roll up your sleeves, no problem is too big or too small. You’re an extraordinary listener, communicator, teammate, and, most importantly, take pride in your work.
The role and opportunity:
Working within the Finance and Operations team, this role will lead forward-looking financial analytics efforts that guide better decision making across our fast-growing business. One of the most important aspects of this role is ownership of Enigma’s core revenue model, which is used to guide our annual plan, performance management, and strategic decision making. You will also play a critical role in helping guide leadership’s decisions by deeply understanding and modeling the quantitative and qualitative aspects of various company business initiatives, including corporate development and unique strategic partnerships. In addition, you will be asked to maintain and grow our internal KPI measurement and reporting infrastructure, providing cross-functional leaders with clarity and insights through your analysis and observations.
More specifically, you will work on:
- Building and updating the company’s financial models and forecasts, working closely with the rest of the Finance team and Enigma’s executive leadership and Business team
- Supporting corporate development, strategic business development, and future capital raising efforts
- Preparing presentations and visualizations of financial analysis efforts to aid in business decisions
- Owning Enigma’s company-wide KPI process and dashboards
- 5+ years of financial analysis / FP&A experience, ideally in a comparable role within a technology company, TMT / B2B-focused investment banking, VC, or PE firm
- 2+ years of experience supporting business development and/or mergers & acquisitions efforts, from deal analysis/initiation through negotiation, diligence, close and maintenance
- High level of proficiency in Excel modeling with hands-on experience building detailed, bottom-up operating models and forecasts
- High level of proficiency in producing presentations and visualizations of business analyses
- Working understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and financial concepts
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated ability to collect, manipulate, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information to a wide range of audiences
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills, with a track record of delivering on time-sensitive projects for senior stakeholders
- Creative thinker with the ability to work independently and collaboratively, multi-task and manage time effectively under tight deadlines
- Passionate about the ability of data products to solve problems
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced technical degree or MBA is a plus
Enigma is a New York-based Data-as-a-Service company. We transform disparate, tabular data into rich representations of real-world relationships, providing a trusted source of intelligence about people, places and companies. From evaluating insurance risk to combating money laundering, Enigma connects and enriches clients’ internal data assets to transform their strategies and workflows. Leading organizations, including American Express, BB&T, EMD Millipore, Celgene and Merck depend on Enigma to power the daily decisions that matter. Enigma was the winner of TechCrunch Disrupt NY 2013 and a graduate of the 2014 FinTech Innovation Lab.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
About Enigma Enigma is an operational data management and intelligence company. We believe in curiosity and the power of discovery. Our mission is to empower people to interpret and improve the world around them. To deliver on that ambitious goal, we place data into the context of the real world and make it connected, open, and actionable. Our repository of public data informs and trains each of our enterprise offerings.
Want to learn more about Enigma? Visit Enigma's website.
Jobs You May Like
Optician, Pearl St.
Warby Parker, Boulder, CO
Segment, New York, NY
Senior Associate, CyberSource Strategy
Visa, Foster City CA, US
Customer Relations Specialist - Graveyard Shift
HONK, Los Angeles, CA
Flexport, San Francisco, CA
Member Service Guide (Bilingual English / Spanish)
Devoted Health, Waltham, MA