At Enigma we are passionate about the transformative power of data and about crafting the next generation of technology to unlock this potential. Data is fundamental to everything we do, and our data scientists are essential to the company's success. We are looking for a talented and motivated Senior Data Scientist to join our Envoy Team.
The Envoy Data Science Team:
The mission of the Envoy Data Science team is to discover, demonstrate, and deliver insights for Enigma's customers. The data problems that we solve are uncommonly fascinating and diverse. As a member of the team, you'll improve industries ranging from finance to pharmaceuticals to manufacturing, and you'll collaborate with journalists and public agencies. Whether working with the world's broadest collection of public data or with our customers' own repositories, you will be focused on the human problems that motivate technical challenges.
As a Senior Data Scientist, your contributions will impact the whole company. From day one you will guide data projects from ideation to implementation with quantitative rigor and acuity, providing technical leadership to multi-disciplinary teams. You will enhance our team with a combination of technical savvy, business sense, and practical problem-solving. Your entrepreneurial instincts will create new business opportunities and drive technology development. You dream about algorithms and are obsessed with metrics. You recognize that communication is as important as technical know-how, and can talk in both stories and numbers. You can quickly implement elegant solutions to complex problems. You should have experience bringing data products to market on a tight timeline, where the “market” might combine commercial offerings, open source contributions, or collaborative research. While you are excited by cutting-edge methods, your fascination with innovative technologies does not distract you from straightforward solutions when appropriate. Not least, you share our enthusiasm for using public data to support better decisions at all levels of enterprise and government.
What we look for:
- PhD in a quantitative discipline, or equivalent experience and depth of technical fundamentals via data-intensive roles
- At least 2 years of professional experience solving business problems in a data science role
- Excellent communication skills, oral, written, and visual
- Entrepreneurial initiative and customer-centric perspective
- Highly motivated and autonomous
- Demonstrated ability to lead multi-functional teams to successful outcomes
- Creative and versatile problem-solving skills
- Attention-to-detail balanced by an ability to prioritize diverse projects
- Statistics: firm grasp of application and theory - you can develop applied models and can guide others to correct usage of critical methods
- Modeling: proficient in practice and theory - you can implement and optimize appropriate methods for a given problem, you understand the tradeoffs between machine learning algorithms, and you can communicate nuances to technical and non-technical audiences alike
- Analytical programming - fluent in libraries for cleaning, reshaping, exploring, and visualizing data; 2+years of Python preferred
- Familiarity with contemporary business practices such agile development and lean product iteration
- Experience with any of the following is desirable: entity resolution, probabilistic record linkage, information retrieval, graph databases, data integration, predictive analytics
Enigma is a rapidly growing team based in the Flatiron neighborhood of New York City. We are Series B funded and backed by an amazing roster of investors, including NEA Ventures, Two Sigma Ventures, American Express Ventures, and The New York Times Company.
Founded in 2012, Enigma grew out of an effort to retrieve, normalize, and host public data. Fun fact: our big coming out party was winning TechCrunch Disrupt's 2013 Battlefield. Our vision is to empower people to interpret, and improve, the world around them.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
About Enigma Enigma is an operational data management and intelligence company. We believe in curiosity and the power of discovery. Our mission is to empower people to interpret and improve the world around them. To deliver on that ambitious goal, we place data into the context of the real world and make it connected, open, and actionable. Our repository of public data informs and trains each of our enterprise offerings.
Want to learn more about Enigma? Visit Enigma's website.
Jobs You May Like
Part Time Analytics Instructor
General Assembly, Washington DC
Data Reports Developer
Summer Intern 2018, Software Quality Engineer (Cloud)
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL
Peloton, New York, New York
Sr Manager - Product Design, Global eCommerce
MyFitnessPal, Austin, TX
Junior Systems Administrator
XO Group, New York