As a brand designer at Enigma, you will play a critical role in the successful elevation of Enigma’s brand across all external and internal platforms. You will help establish the visual framework that will serve as guidance for all future creative initiatives within marketing and product teams, and be tasked with turning complicated and often abstract technologies into compelling, relevant and meaningful visuals that tell a powerful story about how we are changing the way the world can use data to solve problems.
As a brand designer, you will work closely with the marketing and product teams to create brands that solve our vision’s unique business challenges. Our designers come from varied backgrounds, with execution experience spanning digital, print, experiential design.
The Ideal Candidate
You are passionate about explaining complex ideas and technology through creative visuals. You believe in the transformative power of data and are excited by its potential to drive impactful change. You understand that the key to delivering exceptional design solutions for real people is great communication. You are confident, creative, pride yourself on bold execution and have an ability to balance a meticulous work ethic with an avant-garde attitude.
- Add depth and polish to our recently created brand
- Support and execute designs to elevate the Enigma brand across all channels
- Work closely with Marketing, Commercial and Product Management to deliver on a broad array of graphic design needs including product marketing collateral, landing pages, explanatory graphics, white papers, email campaigns and myriad other ways to express our brand
- Collaborate with other designers, writers, marketing professionals, and others to guide our brand forward
- Collaborate and contribute closely with illustrators and infographics designers
Skills and qualities we look for in candidates:
- A hands-on approach to work both print and digital design
- A high attention to detail and passion for quality
- Strong typography skills
- A passion for working collaboratively
- Ability to receive direction as well as take initiative
- Organization and time management skills
- Strong communication design who can also refer to a systems-based approach skills.
- Knowledge of print and digital production
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
What we look for:
- 8 + years experience with a strong portfolio of fully-executed brand identity work
- A portfolio of extraordinary brand and communication design work inclusive of identities, illustrations, and visualizations for print, on-screen graphic design, and environmental experiences
- Previous experience building brand systems for mobile, web, digital products, and a bonus if it involved developing software.
- Proven ability to deliver exceptional design at high volumes under tight timelines
- Command of creative principles, brand design best practices
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite, knowledge in Sketch, InVision and well versed in HTML, CSS.
- Encourage progressive thinking and pushing of boundaries
- Generosity, curiosity, and hustle (our values)
Enigma is a rapidly growing enterprise technology company based in the Flatiron neighborhood of New York City. We are Series B funded, partnering with some of the best investors in the world: New Enterprise Associates, Two Sigma Ventures, Comcast Ventures, Crosslink Capital, American Express Ventures, and others.
Founded in 2012, Enigma was started based on the realization that there was tremendous potential in using public data to understand how the world works, but that it was untapped because the data is highly fragmented and disconnected. Enigma set out to change that by building and organizing one of the largest collections of public data in the world, and our big coming out party was winning TechCrunch Disrupts Battlefield in 2013. Our vision has remained steadfast, we want to empower people to interpret, and improve, the world around them. However, we have expanded our ability to realize this vision by combining our massive public data repository with an ecosystem of software and tools designed to link, resolve, enhance and apply data to help global-scale companies take on some of their hardest problems, ranging from preventing money laundering to ensuring patient safety.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
About Enigma Enigma is an operational data management and intelligence company. We believe in curiosity and the power of discovery. Our mission is to empower people to interpret and improve the world around them. To deliver on that ambitious goal, we place data into the context of the real world and make it connected, open, and actionable. Our repository of public data informs and trains each of our enterprise offerings.