Document the interfaces that connect users to Enigma.
As a Technical Writer at Enigma, you will craft developer and user-facing software documentation. You will have engaging writing skills, high attention to detail, and efficiency in authoring content tailored towards audiences with levels of technical expertise ranging from complete beginner to an expert. You have the ability to work in a highly iterative environment, both independently and harmoniously as part of a team.
You have a strong level of technical and software documentation skills and can write in a user-friendly manner. You love stepping into the shoes of our users, thinking strategically about how they use our products, and crafting concise and engaging material that provides the user with a pleasurable learning experience.
You will work on:
- Work within the engineering team to document new features, products, and APIs
- Write and maintain product documentation, developer guides
- Build, test, and validate code samples, use cases, and tutorials
- Review and edit documentation from engineers and others throughout the company
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Track record of crafting developer-focused software documentation for an API product
- You will be asked to submit samples of content published for a developer audience demonstrating good technical writing principles.
- You pay attention to the details, and you have a meticulous eye for consistency and accuracy
- Experience handling a developer-facing website built using auto doc generation tools is a major plus. Background in Computer Science an advantage.
- Proficient with HTTP and RESTful web services
- Experience with Git/GitHub
- Comfortable authoring in HTML and Markdown
- Able to work from the command line
At Enigma, we’re building the single, most reliable source of data on Small Businesses to power the future of SMB financial services. By engineering better data from hundreds of public and third-party sources, we aim to tell the complete story of every business, so that companies of every size can access the financial services they need to grow and thrive. Our core values - generosity, curiosity, ingenuity, & drive - guide everything we do from how we make our most important product decisions to how we work with and support one another on a daily basis. We’re a team of curious, driven individuals with diverse backgrounds and skills, but we’re all passionate about engineering deeper understanding through data—together. If this resonates with you, we would love to hear from you!
About Enigma Enigma is an operational data management and intelligence company. We believe in curiosity and the power of discovery. Our mission is to empower people to interpret and improve the world around them. To deliver on that ambitious goal, we place data into the context of the real world and make it connected, open, and actionable. Our repository of public data informs and trains each of our enterprise offerings.
Want to learn more about Enigma? Visit Enigma's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior HPC Engineer (US Person)
Rescale, San Francisco, CA or Remote in AZ, CO, DC, FL, MA, MI, MN, NC, NY, TX, UT, or WA