This is a critical and exciting time at Enigma. We are hearing from repeated customers that our product is creating tremendous value for them and is aligned perfectly with their needs. This creates a need to expand our API and data delivery capabilities to deliver a best-in-class customer experience.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join our API and Data Delivery team. You will play a central role in architecting, building and managing the systems that our customers use to engage with our product.
As a Senior Software Engineer for our API and Data Delivery team, you will build a product that allows customers to scalably integrate our rich insights into their processes. You will have an opportunity to work on multiple technologies on the AWS stack, elastic search and Spark. Your impact will be measured by the capabilities you deliver to our API and the technical quality of the systems that you design and build.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Thrives on a collaborative, supportive cross-functional team of software engineers, product managers and data scientists
- Excels in multiple aspects of engineering including design decisions, hands-on implementation and technical mentorship
- Engineers best-in-class model-driven systems for searching and matching data at scale (we use Elastic)
- Builds robust distributed data pipelines to customize our data asset and securely deliver it to customers (we use PySpark)
- Designs and builds concise APIs using containers, cloud infrastructure and infrastructure as code (teams use Docker, AWS and Terraform to manage their own infrastructure)
- Prides themselves on writing highly readable, thoroughly tested software (we use Python)
What makes this job interesting?
- Technical Challenge: you will use a broad range of technologies to build scalable customer-facing systems with low costs of ownership for a rapidly evolving product
- Impact: your systems design and software development talent will have a direct impact on our customers and the success of our product
- Multiple Hats: you will prioritize your focus among system architecture, software development, and technical mentorship
Our ideal candidate:
- Has 4+ years of software engineering experience
- Enjoys collaborating with cross-functional partners (product managers, data scientists, other engineers) to set clear expectations and solve common problems.
- Is driven to work with customers to have an impact on the real world
Bonus points if you:
- Have an outstanding track record of leading engineering teams
- Have extensive experience engineering SaaS data products
At Enigma, we’re building the single, most reliable source of data on businesses to power the future of financial services. By engineering better data from hundreds of public and third-party sources, we aim to tell the complete story of every business, so that companies of every size can access the financial services they need to grow and thrive. Our core values - generosity, curiosity, ingenuity, & drive - guide everything we do from how we make our most important product decisions to how we work with and support one another on a daily basis. We’re a team of curious, driven individuals with diverse backgrounds and skills, but we’re all passionate about engineering deeper understanding through data—together. If this resonates, we would love to hear from you!
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
About Enigma Enigma is an operational data management and intelligence company. We believe in curiosity and the power of discovery. Our mission is to empower people to interpret and improve the world around them. To deliver on that ambitious goal, we place data into the context of the real world and make it connected, open, and actionable. Our repository of public data informs and trains each of our enterprise offerings.
Want to learn more about Enigma? Visit Enigma's website.
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.