This is a critical and exciting time at Enigma. We are hearing from repeated customers that our product is creating tremendous value for them and is aligned perfectly with their needs. This creates an urgent need to invest in our core data infrastructure to scale our data pipelines.
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join our Data Infrastructure team. You will play a central role in architecting and developing our core systems for creating accurate small business profiles from billions of records of raw data.
As a Software Engineer on our Data Infrastructure team, you will design and build the critical systems that orchestrate and manage our data pipelines. Your impact will be measured by your contributions to accelerate the deployment of new pipelines and improve their reliability and maintainability.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Inspires their teammates to perform at their best while contributing to a collaborative, supportive team culture
- Is motivated to build systems that accelerate the work of other engineering teams and create software that engineers love working with
- Engineers best-in-class processes for developing, testing and deploying workflow orchestration and data cataloging systems (we use PySpark)
- Excels in multiple aspects of engineering including design decisions and hands-on implementation
- Prides themselves on writing highly readable, thoroughly tested software
What makes this job interesting?
- Technical Challenge: your team will encounter and overcome interesting challenges in designing and build our data infrastructure
- Impact: your technical ability will have a direct impact on our ability to innovate and reliably deliver our small business data product to our customers
- Growth: you will have responsibility for solving challenging technical problems on our most critical systems with guidance and mentorship from an experienced and supportive team
Our ideal candidate:
- Has 4+ years of software engineering experience
- Has an outstanding track record of delivering infrastructural solutions to engineering teams.
- Is driven to work with customers to have an impact on the real world
Bonus points if you:
- Have successfully built workflow orchestration and data cataloging systems for engineering teams
At Enigma, we’re building the single, most reliable source of data on businesses to power the future of financial services. By engineering better data from hundreds of public and third-party sources, we aim to tell the complete story of every business, so that companies of every size can access the financial services they need to grow and thrive. Our core values - generosity, curiosity, ingenuity, & drive - guide everything we do from how we make our most important product decisions to how we work with and support one another on a daily basis. We’re a team of curious, driven individuals with diverse backgrounds and skills, but we’re all passionate about engineering deeper understanding through data—together. If this resonates, we would love to hear from you!
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
About Enigma Enigma is an operational data management and intelligence company. We believe in curiosity and the power of discovery. Our mission is to empower people to interpret and improve the world around them. To deliver on that ambitious goal, we place data into the context of the real world and make it connected, open, and actionable. Our repository of public data informs and trains each of our enterprise offerings.
Want to learn more about Enigma? Visit Enigma's website.
File hosting service