Fraud and Safety Support Specialist
Enjoy, Austin, TX
See jobs at Enjoy
About the role.
At Enjoy, we are a people-first company and the primary responsibility of the Fraud and Safety Support Expert work with Risk Management, our partners, and our Experts in the field to detect, assess and mitigate the risk of potentially fraudulent orders. The Fraud and Safety Support Expert will do this both by reviewing and making risk assessments on active orders, as well as reviewing orders escalated by our Experts. The Fraud and Safety Support Expert will also support Field Experts with emerging safety issues, and review and follow-up on Safety Incident Reports submitted by the Experts. The individual in this role must be highly motivated and have a proven ability to work autonomously. The Fraud and Safety Support Expert will report directly to the Risk Manager.
They will need the ability to build and maintain rapport with various teams, understand and adapt to the nuances of different situations and needs, as well as adapt rapidly to dynamic risk scenarios. This person will be an essential resource for our Field Experts and a critical contributor to the success of the Trust and Safety team at Enjoy. They will be influential in helping Enjoy Leadership identify issues and mitigate risky situations in order to promote and maintain the exceptional quality of the Enjoy experience.
Duties & Responsibilities.
- Review/Analyze incoming orders for risk indicators and behavior indicative of fraud
- Use judgment and analysis to determine how to address different levels of risk and act on that determination
- Escalate high-risk orders to partners (internal or external) for further investigation
- Resolve active trust and safety issues with our Experts in the field via chat
- Assist with investigations into potential or confirmed bad actors and surface context and recommendations to key partners
- Review high profile orders (e.g. VIP Ridealong and Special circumstance reviews)
- Follow-up on Safety Incident Reports pertaining specifically to location and fraud
- Maintain an intricate knowledge of all Enjoy fraud, risk, and safety policies, procedures, tools, and resources
- Support improvement of tools and workflows that enable efficient Order Quality Reviews
- Identify trends and propose solutions to improve detection and mitigation of high-risk behavior
- Partner with Support teams on issues and resolutions
- Identify education gaps and improvement opportunities within Trust and Safety
- Escalate and respond to bugs and outages that affect Order Quality Reviews
- Outstanding collaborator; flexibly shares responsibilities with a team
- A consensus builder with great people skills, who can effectively and efficiently collaborate and build relationships with multiple functions and collaborators throughout the organization to get needed information and solve complex problems
- Ability to communicate fraud, risk, and trust and safety concepts to a variety of partners
- Excellent judgment and ability to make decisions consistent with the team’s risk tolerance
- Highly motivated, with the drive to work independently, plan and accomplish goals, and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment
- 2-3 years prior experience in one of the following: fraud/risk analysis/mitigation, trust, and safety, or customer support
- Availability from 1-10p on weekends, 8-5p shifts are also available after all 1-10p shifts have been filled
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills
- Flexible schedule with the ability to work swing shifts, weekends, and some holidays
- Prior experience working in fraud and risk desired, but not required
This job description is not intended as a comprehensive or exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications necessary for the position described herein. The duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of the position are subject to change without notice.
All offers of employment are subject to background checks and drug screens prior to start date. Enjoy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local, state, and federal laws and Fair Chance Ordinances.
As an equal opportunity employer, Enjoy is proud to maintain a workplace characterized by mutual respect, inclusivity, and the celebration of diversity. All qualified applicants are welcome and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics, disability, veteran status, or other applicable protected characteristic under local, state, or federal law.
About us Welcome to a new kind of delivery experience. Enjoy offers same-day delivery with personalized setup of today’s best tech products. To bring this to life, we employ incredibly friendly and smart Experts, who are great with tech and even better with people. Our Experts deliver, set up and explain products to customers, all on the same day they order them. And best of all, this is 100% free. Enjoy is founded and led by Ron Johnson, former head of Apple Retail and an executive team from leading retail, technology and design organizations like Apple, Facebook, Amazon and Victoria’s Secret, to name a few.