Enjoy, Elkridge, MD
See jobs at Enjoy
Enjoy is the next generation of the retail store. We pride ourselves on delivering a new kind of buying experience and our friendly Customer Service Experts bring the best of the store directly to you. We offer same-day delivery for today’s premiere mobile devices with additional help and setup. Best of all... it’s free!
We are rapidly growing every year. Each year we grow, reaching a total of 50 locations in 2018, with more expansion on the horizon. Needless to say, it's an ambitious undertaking that which requires a spirit of winning together and a strong growth mindset. We value people who choose kindness and are obsessed with delivering amazing experiences. We are helping today’s premier companies navigate the shift from brick and mortar to online commerce that delivers a first-rate experience to the experience obsessed. Enjoy delivers speed, kindness, and an outstanding value.
Enjoy is founded and led by Ron Johnson, former head of Apple Retail. Alongside is an executive team from leading retail, technology, and design organizations, such as Apple, Facebook, and Amazon.
About the role.
As a General Manager, you are the primary voice for the market, responsible for overseeing the performance within the market and for creating unity across the market. You will proactively seek opportunities to improve and develop strategies to encourage growth that aligns with our company goals. You'll ensure your team in market has the tools, resources, and knowledge to do their very best.
Duties & Responsibilities.
- Achieve Field & Fulfillment Operations KPIs, along with managing individual and market performance in alignment with company culture and goals.
- Manage the P&L for the market.
- Attract, develop and retain talent in all roles across the market.
- Build and maintain a strong and connected culture across the market in line with Enjoy’s culture and values.
- Partner with market leaders to identify and resolve gaps in market performance and market operations.
- Collaborate with Regional Partners to address market-specific needs. (People Success, Recruiting, L&D, Field Success & Operations)
- Partner with Captains to plan huddles and ensure they are delivered in a way that inspires, informs, and guides the team.
- Provide continuous feedback to Captains and Lead Experts development through regular check-ins, feedback, coaching, and training.
- Speak to company goals and priorities at a high level and translate that vision into action.
- Surface feedback and insights on the Expert and Visit experience to Coaches and other relevant teams/roles.
- Ensure employee compliance with both internal and partner-specified policies and processes across all teams.
- Share winning strategies and successes across Markets.
- Promote a feedback culture in the Market in line with the Enjoy Values, Qualities, and Skills.
- Uphold brand standards across the market. (Uniforms, Enjoy House, Fleet Vehicles, etc.)
- Obsessed with providing the best Expert experience.
- You proactively seek opportunities to help individuals and strengthen the team.
- You don’t hesitate to share developmental feedback and provide encouragement when times are tough.
- You see tasks through to completion.
- Self-motivated, resourceful, proactive, and offers help and support wherever needed. You don’t hide from problems or let them persist.
- Thrives in a fast-paced work environment where you are constantly on the go.
- Works well under pressure.
- Respect and promote Diversity & Inclusion in the workplace.
- You make decisions that improve the lives of others, even if it means more work for you. Not simply a “pleaser”, you have the vision to see when a short-term challenge can yield a long-term gain.
- 5+ years experience in a people management role in a fast paced customer service and sales environment.
- Ability to travel for the first two weeks of onboarding and training.
- Ability to work 10 hour shifts, possible overtime, evenings, weekends, and some holidays.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs and stand for long durations.
- Valid driver's license and a satisfactory driving record with at least 1 year of driving experience.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
This job description is not intended as a comprehensive or exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications necessary for the position described herein. The duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of the position are subject to change without notice. All offers of employment are subject to background checks and drug screens prior to start date. Enjoy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local, state, and federal laws and Fair Chance Ordinances. As an equal opportunity employer, Enjoy is proud to maintain a workplace characterized by mutual respect, inclusivity, and the celebration of diversity. All qualified applicants are welcome and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics, disability, veteran status, or other applicable protected characteristic under local, state, or federal law.
About us Welcome to a new kind of delivery experience. Enjoy offers same-day delivery with personalized setup of today’s best tech products. To bring this to life, we employ incredibly friendly and smart Experts, who are great with tech and even better with people. Our Experts deliver, set up and explain products to customers, all on the same day they order them. And best of all, this is 100% free. Enjoy is founded and led by Ron Johnson, former head of Apple Retail and an executive team from leading retail, technology and design organizations like Apple, Facebook, Amazon and Victoria’s Secret, to name a few.