Lead Ruby on Rails Software Engineer
Enjoy, Palo Alto, CA
See jobs at Enjoy
Lead Ruby On Rails Software Engineer
A fast growing start-up, Enjoy is founded and led by Ron Johnson, former head of Apple Retail, along with an executive team from leading retail, technology, and design organizations, including: Apple, Facebook, Starbucks, Tesla, and Amazon.
Enjoy is the next generation of retail. We pride ourselves on delivering a new kind of buying experience where our friendly Experts bring the best of the store directly to the door, along with personalized solutions, so you get the most out of your tech. We offer same-day delivery, setup and pairing the convenience you’d get from shopping online with the confidence you’d get from a store, all in the comfort of your own home.
About this Role
As part of the Scheduling team at Enjoy, you will help drive solutions to efficiently get our Experts to their Enjoyers, shape order demand to optimize business goals, and design and code software architectures that allow future flexibility. Your work will have a huge impact on the success of Enjoy as our systems and business evolve.
- Work in a team-oriented, exciting, challenging, and rewarding environment
- Architect and scale applications as a technical leader driving code maintainability, elegance, and readability
- Experiment and challenge the business with new ways to approach problems
- Help shape requirements to deliver the right product and features
- Collaborate closely with other experienced and industry-changing leaders and partners
- 5+ years of professional eng experience with 3+ years of experience developing in Ruby, with Ruby on Rails
- Proven experience in designing and building web applications at scale
- Experience performing data modeling in a team environment
- Value writing tests, pairing, and making an impact
- Comfortable in a team environment architecting design
- Excellent communication skills with an engineering audience
- Thrive in a self-managing, fast-paced, bottom -up culture
- Able to execute on day-to-day tasks and contribute to system vision
- Someone who likes to “GSD”
Nice to have
- Scheduling optimization experience (VRP, linear optimizations, etc.)
- eCommerce, logistics, or SAAS industry experience
- Lean startup methodology, Agile sprints, A/B testing
- Redis, sidekiq, postgres or similar technologies
About our Engineering Culture
- The best ideas win - no matter who or where they may come from.
- Problems not solutions - engineers focus on solving problems, not building solutions handed to them. No one wants to be a code-monkey.
- Move fast and iterate - we strive for continuous deployment enabled by healthy testing, monitoring, and feature flagging. Quick progress is better than waiting for perfect because you don't know what perfect is.
- Strong opinions, loosely held - we're all passionate but open-minded, both are essential to building a successful and talented team.
- Shipping is just the beginning - Are customers using the feature? Do we see a lift in metrics? Was our hypothesis right? It's not just about writing code or deploying features, it's about making an impact
About us Welcome to a new kind of delivery experience. Enjoy offers same-day delivery with personalized setup of today’s best tech products. To bring this to life, we employ incredibly friendly and smart Experts, who are great with tech and even better with people. Our Experts deliver, set up and explain products to customers, all on the same day they order them. And best of all, this is 100% free. Enjoy is founded and led by Ron Johnson, former head of Apple Retail and an executive team from leading retail, technology and design organizations like Apple, Facebook, Amazon and Victoria’s Secret, to name a few.
Want to learn more about Enjoy? Visit Enjoy's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Software Engineer (REF24456O) - Visa Digital Developer Platform (VDDP)
Visa, Foster City CA, US