Enjoy is the next generation of the retail store. We pride ourselves on delivering a new kind of buying experience and our friendly Customer Experience Experts bring the best of the store directly to you. We offer same-day delivery for today’s premiere mobile devices with additional help and setup. Best of all...it’s free!
Each year we grow, reaching a total of 50 locations in 2018, with more expansion on the horizon. Needless to say, it’s an ambitious undertaking which requires a spirit of winning together and a strong growth mindset. We value people who choose kindness and are obsessed with delivering amazing experiences. We are helping today’s premier companies navigate the shift from brick and mortar to online commerce that delivers a first-rate experience to the experience obsessed. Enjoy delivers speed, kindness, and an outstanding value.
Enjoy is founded and led by Ron Johnson, former head of Apple Retail. Alongside is an executive team from leading retail, technology, and design organizations such as Apple, Facebook, and Amazon.
About the Role:
Enjoy is looking for a Senior Accountant willing to roll up their sleeves and think strategically as we continue to build the first mobile retail store. Every day is a new challenge, and you are continually looking for ways to help our team get better at what we do, in the most efficient way possible. You will play a vital role in the finance team as we define our processes and systems. Reporting to the Director of Accounting, this is an excellent opportunity to build the function and continue to raise the bar, in terms of service delivery and customer satisfaction. The Senior Accountant will have several responsibilities that include working with the general ledger team on accrual estimates and maintaining various balance sheet account reconciliations. The Senior Accountant will also be actively involved in the company’s month-end close processes.
- Perform end-to-end accounting duties (e.g., month-end close journal entries including accruals, Prepaid, flux analysis, reconciliations).
- Assist the team in preparing various footnotes schedules for quarterly 10-Q and annual 10-K reports filed with the SEC.
- Provide requisite schedules/reports for quarterly reviews/annual audits with external auditors and for press releases relating to quarterly and annual earnings.
- Assist in quarterly review and annual audit with external and internal auditors.
- Assist with various ad-hoc reporting or financial related projects including government census.
- Assist in development and implementation of processes and procedures to enhance team contribution.
- Help manage the company travel and expense policy, including the corporate credit card program and Concur.
- Assist in tax preparations. Handle special projects and provide backup support as needed for finance/accounting team.
- Flexible and adaptable: Candidate should be able to switch gears in various high-stress situations and apply themselves to quickly learning new technologies and adopting new methodologies.
- Attention to detail: Candidate must live by the mantra of “the devil is in the details” and will take great pride in getting it right.
- Results oriented: Candidate should be able to collaborate with different individuals across the organization, and “roll-up sleeves” to accomplish all necessary tasks.
- Accountability: Candidate should be a team player who leads by example, holds self accountable for performance, takes absolute ownership, and champions new initiatives.
- Problem solver: Candidate should be a strong, analytical problem solver that is practical solutions oriented.
- Creative: Candidate should be able to think outside the box to find the optimal solution to problems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business / Finance / Accounting
- Good understanding of application and practice of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and SOX
- 5 + years of experience in accounting or finance
- CPA/CA or other professional accounting accreditation preferred
- Previous auditing experience with a Big 4 or Regional public accounting firm is preferred
- Experience with Oracle Fusion a significant plus
This job description is not intended as a comprehensive or exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications necessary for the position described herein. The duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of the position are subject to change without notice.
All offers of employment are subject to background checks and drug screens prior to start date. Enjoy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local, state, and federal laws and Fair Chance Ordinances.
As an equal opportunity employer, Enjoy is proud to maintain a workplace characterized by mutual respect, inclusivity, and the celebration of diversity. All qualified applicants are welcome and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics, disability, veteran status, or other applicable protected characteristic under local, state, or federal law.
About us Welcome to a new kind of delivery experience. Enjoy offers same-day delivery with personalized setup of today’s best tech products. To bring this to life, we employ incredibly friendly and smart Experts, who are great with tech and even better with people. Our Experts deliver, set up and explain products to customers, all on the same day they order them. And best of all, this is 100% free. Enjoy is founded and led by Ron Johnson, former head of Apple Retail and an executive team from leading retail, technology and design organizations like Apple, Facebook, Amazon and Victoria’s Secret, to name a few.
Want to learn more about Enjoy? Visit Enjoy's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one