Entrepreneur First is the world's leading Talent Investor
We invest in the world’s most ambitious technologists to help them build world-class deep tech startups from scratch. Since 2011, we’ve created over 150+ startups worth over $1.5 billion including Tractable, OpenCosmos, CloudNC and Cleo. Our major exits to date include Magic Pony, which was acquired by Twitter for a $150m. EF is backed by Reid Hoffman (founder of LinkedIn) and Greylock Partners, Mosaic Ventures, Founders Fund, Lakestar and some of the world's best entrepreneurs.
You will be part of the Berlin Form Team. This team handles the EF experience from first conversation, through the moment people are selected to join, until they have an investable startup. This is the core of EF’s unique methodology.
The Form Team handles the following components:
Talent and Admissions: Support pre-EF’s initial offer
You will encourage the smartest and highest potential candidates to apply to the programme, then identify the best and brightest applicants from the pool. This is a unique challenge: no other organisation has found a way of assessing individuals’ raw potential to be founders.
- Manage our talent outreach through sourcing and hiring pipelines
- Manage the selection and interview process
- Support the team in their day to day operations
Cultivation: Ensure everyone we offer to join EF, joins
Every person we offer that doesn’t join is a missed opportunity to build something massive. Your mission is to ensure offer holders know EF is the highest value use of their time.
- Create a world class pre-joining experience for offer holders
- Spend time with offer holders to ensure they join
- Problem solve with selected offer holders to prepare them
Team building: Crack the code for founding teams
We have developed a robust team building method. But, there is still much to learn. Your mission is to build as many strong teams as possible.
- Work with sole founders to help them progress into teams
- Actively manage team breakups and formation.
- Develop EF's team building frameworks.
- Use EF's data to create optimal cofounding teams.
Ideation: Ensure the teams work on high potential ideas
We influence what ideas EF founders work on enormously. Your mission is to make these ideas as high potential as possible.
- Work with EF founders to develop their ideas.
- Develop EF's frameworks on ideation.
- Be an expert problem solver who thinks on their feet
- Have high EQ and enjoy working with technologists
- Be extremely ambitious
- Have a strong growth mindset
- Have outstanding organisational skills (excel with process)
- Be a strong communicator (excel with people)
- Be very comfortable with managing competing priorities
What you get
This is an Associate level role, with a competitive salary and performance based remuneration. This role can expect significant upside from our fund through our carry plan.
In addition to the financial compensation, the benefits of working at EF include:
- The opportunity to work with a fast-growing organisation that is influencing the growth of tech entrepreneurship - and changing the paradigm around startup creation - not only in the UK, but globally
- Working in a buzzing space full of technical founders and being part of an enthusiastic and fast-paced team
- Holidays: 23 days per year plus 2 week Christmas and New Year shut down
- Salary sacrifice schemes: Cycle to Work and Technology (phones, laptops, fitness watches etc)
- L&D Allowance: £400 per year to put towards your personal development
- Wellness Allowance: £400 per year to put towards Wellness Activities (gym memberships, yoga classes, running shoes, subscription to Headspace etc)
- Equipment: We'll give you £1,500 to choose the equipment that will help you to do your job most effectively
- Global Retreats: Annual get-togethers with our global colleagues
Remuneration, Location and Start Date
Remuneration is based on experience. This is a crucial role for EF, and we want to incentivise you accordingly, with carry based upside worth roughly equal your cash remuneration.
Location: You will be based in EF's offices at Factory Gorlitzer Park, Lohmühlenstraße 65, 12435 Berlin
Start Date: 1st July
EF champions diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment in which a variety of backgrounds thrive. We do not tolerate discrimination of any nature including but not limited to discriminating on the basis of race, colour, religion, culture, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, disability, or marital status.
About Entrepreneur First Team
Join as an individual, leave with a company. We believe the the world’s most important companies are created when smart, committed, and diverse individuals come together and form a breakthrough insight. With each cohort at EF, we bring together extraordinary people to form companies with ambitious and unique visions for the future. EF helps these entrepreneurs — from the very beginning of their journey — to form teams, choose a problem to work on, develop a differentiated approach, and fundraise from the world's best investors. Since 2011, we have built and funded more deep tech startups than any other investor. Magic Pony Technology was one of the largest AI exits of 2016, and the 80+ startups we have built are now worth more than $1 billion. EF is your best shot to build a globally important company. We are backed by Reid Hoffman, Greylock Partners, Mosaic Ventures, Founders Fund, Lakestar Capital, and Deep Mind founders Demis Hassabis and Mustafa Suleyman. Read Reid Hoffman's thoughts on EF.
Want to learn more about Entrepreneur First Team? Visit Entrepreneur First Team's website.
Jobs You May Like
Experience Management Scientist, Employee Experience
Hypebeast, Hong Kong
Predictive Analytics Sales Manager - Poland
Insider, Warsaw, Poland
Regional Sales Manager, Enterprise (Seattle)
Account Executive - Mid-Market West
Demandbase, San Francisco
Sales Development Representative
Malwarebytes, Santa Clara, California