We are one of the world's leading online creative communities for tools, templates and talent. We want to help creators bring ideas to life and earn a living doing what they love, to be the place where anyone can get their creative projects done, and where our community earns every time that happens. We are bootstrapped, profitable and totally global. Learn more about our products and how they support our community here.
Like most of the world, we’ve transitioned to (mostly) working from home. Luckily, we’ve been set up to work from anywhere since day one, and we’re working hard to keep our team connected as we continue to support our creative community to thrive.
Impact to our community
We're continuing to grow our team and we're looking for engineers who are eager to join us in solving complex problems at global e-commerce scale. We work in small cross functional teams with a variety of skills and experience, so whether you're new to working with Ruby on Rails and passionate about learning more, or you already have the experience to know that Rails CAN scale, we'd love to hear from you. On a day to day basis you will find yourself:
- Writing clean, well thought out and reliable Ruby code
- Participating as a member of a small cross functional team containing members with different skills and experience
- Woking on big projects, small maintenance tasks, server management tasks and anything else that makes software our customers love
- Taking responsibility for your work as most teams don't have analysts, testers or system administrators
- Taking part in our 24/7 on-call rotation supporting one of the biggest websites in the world
What you’ll bring to the role
- You are keen to grow and expand your knowledge and skill as a software engineer. You crave feedback and the opportunity to learn from working with other engineers, regardless of their skill level.
- You want to work in a collaborative software development environment. We understand there are many different working styles so we don’t force teams to pair program, but we do believe there’s value in working together to solve problems and sharing ownership of the things we build.
- You have some commercial experience with an object oriented language, ideally building web applications. We use Ruby, but in the past you might have worked with Python, Java, or C#.
- You believe in the value of automated testing, and continuous integration and deployment.
- You’re comfortable with the idea of using a UNIX-like system for development and deployment. Most of our developers use OS X, and our production systems run on Linux.
- You are security-conscious and understand the importance of following our best practices to keep our community safe and secure.
Join our global community
- We’re a BCorp certified business & we believe in succeeding sustainably.
- Your work directly supports the millions of people around the world using Envato’s products to bring their ideas to life and earn a living using their creative skills.
- We’re committed to ensuring all our staff feel welcome, included and respected every day they work for Envato.
- Generous parental leave, the flexibility to work & travel (when we’re on the move again), wellness programs and learning opportunities are only a few of the perks we offer.
About us Envato is the world's leading marketplace for creative assets & creative people. With staff and contractors worldwide, we've helped a community of creative sellers earn more than $400 Million. Millions of people around the world choose our marketplace, studio and courses to buy files, hire freelancers, or learn the skills needed to build websites, videos, apps, graphics and more.
Want to learn more about Envato? Visit Envato's website.
Great Prices. Better Cars. Shipped to You.