- We're still growing! We've created a huge number of new developer roles due to growth
- Work from anywhere in Australia or from HQ in Melbourne at one of the Best Places to Work in Australia
Headquartered in Melbourne, Australia, we're a completely online company with an ecosystem of sites and services to help people get creative. In September 2014, one of our sites, ThemeForest, was the 90th most visited website in the world and it remains among the most visited Australian-owned website on the planet! With more than 350 staff and contractors worldwide, we've helped a community of creative sellers earn more than $500 Million.
JobAdvisor awarded us the title of Australia's Coolest Company for Women and Diversity (2015 and 2016). We were also named as one of the Best Places to Work in Australia in the 2015, 2016 and 2017 BRW Awards.
On Envato Market thousands of people earn a living selling things like WordPress themes, photos, music tracks and illustrations. With Envato Elements, we oversee one of the world’s largest subscription services for digital creatives, providing hundreds of thousands of files for unlimited download for one flat fee. We offer website design and hosting with Envato Sites. On our education platform Tuts+, over 5 million people learn skills including code, illustration, photography, web design, and more, each month. We also run a freelance marketplace called Envato Studio.
You might be surprised to know that not only do we run some of the biggest websites in the world; we’re also growing really fast!
The C# Developer (Data Platform) role is to build, deploy and support back-end data solutions at Envato to enable efficient and accurate reporting and analytics. This includes solutions to integrate data from internal and external data sources into the central data repository as well as the processing and modelling of the data within. As a member of our broader development team, this role will analyse the requirements of the business and deliver well tested high-quality data solutions which they will support in a production environment.
Can you Meet the Expectations of Envato's Engineering Team?
At Envato, our Engineers expect certain things of each other. Not all of these are easy to uphold. Are you ready to join the team and meet the expectations of your peers at Envato? Read about the expectations and how they were developed by our team on our technical blog.
What you'll be doing
- Writing clean, well thought out and reliable code
- Participating as a member of a small cross functional team containing members with different skills and experience
- You'll work on big projects, small maintenance tasks, server management tasks and anything else that makes software our customers love
- Taking lots of responsibility for your work as most teams don't have analysts, testers or system administrators
- Taking part in our on call support rotation
- Be a nice person who cares about their work
- Communicate well in person and in writing
- Be a curious person committed to continual learning
- Be capable of writing clean, well thought out, and reliable code
- Be comfortable working on a project from the original fuzzy brief through development and deployment and beyond with minimal oversight required
- Have solid back-end C# development experience
- Have experience with AWS and infrastructure
- Have familiarity of common coding patterns
- Have REST API experience
- Have .NET Core development experience
- Have experience with git source control and GitHub
- Have a good understanding of Software Development Life Cycle and Agile methodologies.
- Have solid SQL scripting and database design ability
- Have experience writing unit tests, code refactoring, improving code performance
- Have experience working with large sets of data in code
- Have exposure to build automation and deployment processes and tools (CI/CD)
- Have an understanding of Data Warehouse concepts and Business Intelligence reporting/visualisation tools
What We've Got
A Great Team and Culture
- Developers are responsible for features from inception through to them being in the hands of customers. The devs talk directly to customers about what they're working on
- We publish portions of our code as open source, and contribute back to open source projects we use
- We were recently named Australia's Coolest Tech Company by JobAdvisor and one of the Best Places to Work in Australia
- A fantastic culture of creatively minded, hard working people who are passionate about Envato and being part of its growth and success
- Flexible working conditions – we want you to love your work but also your life outside of Envato
- We actively work on creating a safe, inclusive environment free from discrimination
- Future career progression will be available across the entire business - we're big on internal opportunities and professional growth!
- We’re offering a competitive salary package & benefits ($85k-$125k package, but flexible depending on experience)
Who should apply?
We care deeply about diversity and inclusion at Envato, and welcome applicants of all types, and from all backgrounds. If you think you have the skills and experience needed for this role then we'd like to hear from you.
Submit a cover letter, an up to date copy of your resume and answers to the below questions. Good luck!
About us Envato is the world's leading marketplace for creative assets & creative people. With staff and contractors worldwide, we've helped a community of creative sellers earn more than $400 Million. Millions of people around the world choose our marketplace, studio and courses to buy files, hire freelancers, or learn the skills needed to build websites, videos, apps, graphics and more.
Want to learn more about Envato? Visit Envato's website.
Jobs You May Like
Offensive Security Engineer (m/f/x)
Implementation Services Consultant
Senior Backend Engineer - Driver Growth (Acquisition)
Heetch, Full remote in Europe
Senior Full Stack Software Engineer
Wish, San Francisco, California
Associate Netsuite Administrator
Datto, Reading, UK
Principal Backend Engineer
Tile, Vancouver, CAN