- Work with our friendly and collaborative Data Science team!
- Be a vital contributor to the company strategy
- Fantastic benefits, flexible hours, Melbourne CBD location
Headquartered in Melbourne, Australia, we're a completely online company with an ecosystem of sites and services to help people get creative. In September 2014, one of our sites, ThemeForest, was the 90th most visited website in the world and it remains among the most visited Australian-owned website on the planet! With more than 350 staff and contractors worldwide, we've helped a community of creative sellers earn more than $500 Million.
JobAdvisor awarded us the title of Australia's Coolest Company for Women and Diversity (2015 and 2016). We were also named as one of the Best Places to Work in Australia in the 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018 BRW Awards.
On Envato Market thousands of people earn a living selling things like WordPress themes, photos, music tracks and illustrations. With Envato Elements, we oversee one of the world’s largest subscription services for digital creatives, providing hundreds of thousands of files for unlimited download for one flat fee. We offer website design and hosting with Envato Sites. On our education platform Tuts+, over 5 million people learn skills including code, illustration, photography, web design, and more, each month. We also run a freelance marketplace called Envato Studio. We've also just acquired Placeit, an awesome logo-building & mockup tool built out of Guadalajara, Mexico!
You might be surprised to know that not only do we run some of the biggest websites in the world, we’re also growing really fast!
What you’ll be doing
Envato is split into four major business units which support our customers, authors, internal platforms and new ventures. Our data science team is a centralised function sitting within the Platform division, reporting to the Analytics Director. This new and growing area is taking on greenfield work to drive cutting-edge solutions that will make our products more intelligent across everything from customer lifetime value & churn prediction, to personalisation through robust innovations in search & recommendation engines. Data is central to our growth strategy, and as a result, we’re scaling quickly in this area.
As a Senior Data Scientist at Envato, you will work closely with senior stakeholders, the Analytics Director, Product Managers, Data Scientists, Engineers and the Business Intelligence unit to analyse data, highlight opportunities for the team. You will play an instrumental role in understanding and predicting customer behaviour through predictive modelling and segmentation, translating outcomes into clear and actionable insights.
You’ll be on the hunt to problem solve and identify root causes of positive and negative trends. You will take part in planning and measuring company KPI’s, supporting business goals such as churn prevention and optimising customer search. Having the ability to manipulate and analyse large, complex data sets and turning them into actionable business insights will be pivotal to this position. You will also be required to educate and supervise model implementation and adoption, driving our online customer and revenue growth. (YAY!)
What we’re looking for
- Strong experience working in digital analytics or data science
- BA in statistics/math/computer science, or another quantitative field would be an advantage
- Experience in building and maintaining customer based models such as LTV, churn and customer segmentation
- Experience with search & recommendation engines is highly desirable
- Exposure to data mining and machine learning
- Extensive knowledge of R and SQL (but we're fairly agnostic so if you love Python or another programming language, we'd still like to hear from you)
- Experience with building models from scratch and implementing them across company
- Ability to translate problems into definable actions
- Experience with big data would be an advantage
- Ability to build effective relationships with individuals across all levels of an organisation
- Strong demonstrated alignment to Envato’s values
What we offer
- A fantastic culture of creatively minded, hard working people who are passionate about Envato and being part of its growth and success
- Flexible working conditions – we want you to love your work but also your life outside of Envato
- We actively work on creating a safe, inclusive environment free from discrimination
- A fast paced and progressive environment where everyone has regular interaction with teammates and Envato community members from all over the world!
- Read more from our staff about why they love working at Envato by visiting www.jobadvisor.com.au/envato
- We’re offering a competitive salary package & benefits ($110k-$150k package, but flexible depending on experience)
Who should apply?
We care deeply about diversity and inclusion at Envato, and welcome applicants of all types, and from all backgrounds. If you think you have the skills and experience needed for this role then we'd like to hear from you.
Please submit a cover letter, an up to date copy of your resume and answers to the below questions. Good luck!
About us Envato is the world's leading marketplace for creative assets & creative people. With staff and contractors worldwide, we've helped a community of creative sellers earn more than $400 Million. Millions of people around the world choose our marketplace, studio and courses to buy files, hire freelancers, or learn the skills needed to build websites, videos, apps, graphics and more.
Want to learn more about Envato? Visit Envato's website.
Jobs You May Like
Snap Inc., Los Angeles - Seattle - San Francisco - New York
Contract Security Operations Administrator
PlayStation, San Diego, CA
Technical Solution Consultant DACH
Footwear Developer II, Innovation
Brooks Running, US, Washington, Seattle, Corporate
Software Engineer, Robotics - Motion Planning
Postmates, San Francisco
Beats - Release Engineer