- Financial partner to the GM’s and heads of Tech, Program, Finance, HR and Legal!
- Join our global, high growth, online business
- Fantastic benefits, flexible hours, Melbourne CBD location
Headquartered in Melbourne, Australia, we're a completely online company with an ecosystem of sites and services to help people get creative. In September 2014, one of our sites, ThemeForest, was the 90th most visited website in the world and it remains among the most visited Australian-owned website on the planet! With more than 350 staff and contractors worldwide, we've helped a community of creative sellers earn more than $500 Million.
JobAdvisor awarded us the title of Australia's Coolest Company for Women and Diversity (2015 and 2016). We were also named as one of the Best Places to Work in Australia in the 2015, 2016 and 2017 BRW Awards.
On Envato Market thousands of people earn a living selling things like WordPress themes, photos, music tracks and illustrations. With Envato Elements, we oversee one of the world’s largest subscription services for digital creatives, providing hundreds of thousands of files for unlimited download for one flat fee. We offer website design and hosting with Envato Sites. On our education platform Tuts+, over 5 million people learn skills including code, illustration, photography, web design, and more, each month. We also run a freelance marketplace called Envato Studio.
You might be surprised to know that not only do we run some of the biggest websites in the world; we’re also growing really fast!
What you’ll be doing
As Finance Business Partner you’ll be supporting the divisional Finance Manager in delivering end-to-end finance services including Financial Control and FP&A. You’ll work closely with both the Finance Manager and the key stakeholders in Tech, Finance, Program, HR and Legal. You will also be working on special projects that are about streamlining Envato Finance’s systems and processes which will free up time for the team to focus on value add/commercial activities.
If you’re after variety this role has it in bucketloads, accounting and compliance, FP&A, monthly/quarterly reporting of performance, systems improvements all whilst learning what it takes to run a global, online business and building strong collaborative relationships with our GMs and heads of departments.
What we’re looking for
- Qualified or part qualified accountant with a minimum of 5 years experience in accounting roles
- Experience in delivering month-end process to produce timely results on financial performance
- Understanding of key financial processes required to run a business
- Knowledge of financial processes and controls required to ensure accuracy and validity of results
- Ability to apply key accounting standards and ability to interpret and apply to real situations
- Understanding of budget and forecast process and ability to build a budget/forecast
- Ability to analyse situations and connect the dots between financial, commercial and strategic goals
- Attention to detail and accuracy – instinctively looking for ways to cross check and validate output
- Instinctive curiosity to look behind numbers and ask “why are we doing this?”
- A natural desire to get out from behind the desk and interact with and learn about the business
- Systems thinking – interest in implementing systems and processed to increase speed and accuracy
- Can do attitude and gets a kick out of making things run more effectively/efficiently
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to ask questions probing that help you understand operations
- Can work effectively with a diverse group of people (both finance and non-finance personnel)
- A person not a machine – we are looking for someone who brings their whole personality to work
What we offer
- A fantastic culture of creatively minded, hard working people who are passionate about Envato and being part of its growth and success
- Flexible working conditions – we want you to love your work but also your life outside of Envato
- We actively work on creating a safe, inclusive environment free from discrimination
- A fast paced and progressive environment where everyone has regular interaction with teammates and Envato community members from all over the world!
- Read more from our staff about why they love working at Envato by visiting www.jobadvisor.com.au/envato
Who should apply?
We care deeply about diversity and inclusion at Envato, and welcome applicants of all types, and from all backgrounds. If you think you have the skills and experience needed for this role then we'd like to hear from you.
Submit a cover letter, an up to date copy of your resume and answers to the below questions. Good luck!
About us Envato is the world's leading marketplace for creative assets & creative people. With staff and contractors worldwide, we've helped a community of creative sellers earn more than $400 Million. Millions of people around the world choose our marketplace, studio and courses to buy files, hire freelancers, or learn the skills needed to build websites, videos, apps, graphics and more.
Want to learn more about Envato? Visit Envato's website.
Jobs You May Like
General Ledger Manager
Cloudflare, San Francisco, CA or Austin, Texas
Red Ventures, Charlotte, NC
KPMG New Zealand, Wellington
Head Area Broker (Sacramento, CA)
Movoto, Sacramento, CA
Project Manager and System Administrator (m/f)
Brookfield Residential, Calgary