Development Coordinator (Brooklyn, NY- Cover Letter Required)
Equal Justice USA, Brooklyn NY, US
We seek an energetic, creative, and highly organized Development Coordinator with strong writing, research and communication skills to support our development department. This is an excellent opportunity to hone your fundraising skills as part of a dynamic team at a leading grassroots advocacy organization. The ideal candidate will be passionate about connecting in meaningful ways with people who want to make a difference. As one of three dedicated development staff for the organization, you will gain insight into every aspect of the department. The Development Coordinator will have ownership of our direct marketing and database, and will play a supporting role in managing and cultivating institutional and individual gifts.
EJUSA has 22 staff members spread throughout the country and a small national office in Brooklyn. We’re a diverse team that loves working together to deliver real change.
- Coordinate our direct mail and online fundraising campaigns, including the production process, external vendor relations, and tracking and analysis
- Work with the development and communications teams to develop strategy and produce content
- Process all incoming gifts and ensure timely, personalized gift acknowledgements
- Manage and maintain the donor database, including data entry, producing queries and reports and ensuring the integrity of EJUSA donor information
- Track all donor and prospect interactions, requirements, and requests and identify and capture key connections and information that will assist with donor prospecting and stewardship
- Conduct research on donors, prospects, and foundations
- Maintain recurring gifts program
- Assist in developing and implementing strategies to improve the effectiveness of our database and coordinate our online and offline files and lists
- Assist with the writing, editing and design of donor communications and materials
- Assist with grant writing, editing and submitting final submission packages
- Provide support for donor cultivation events and activities
- Support the general day-to-day operations of the development team including preparing materials, maintaining files, scheduling, logistical support for meetings and tracking action items
- Other special projects and duties as needed
- 2-3 years’ experience working in non-profit development
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple projects and deadlines while maintaining meticulous attention to accuracy and detail, particularly in entry and tracking of EJUSA donor data
- Experience with direct mail and/or online fundraising
- Top notch communication skills, including the ability to write with purpose and clarity to reach and inspire different types of audiences
- Familiarity with donor databases- knowledge of DonorPro and/or SALSA a plus
- Technologically savvy, with strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel
- Comfort working in a Mac environment
- Ability to learn new software quickly
- Layout and graphic design skills, especially Adobe InDesign- a plus
- Ability to protect sensitive and confidential information
- A positive attitude, resourceful, diligent, creative, flexible, friendly personality, sense of humor, and the ability to get along with many types of people
- Commitment to the mission and core values of Equal Justice USA
- Commitment to racial equity
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Target start date: Feb 2020
Deadline: Open until filled
Compensation: Mid $50's, commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits including employer-paid medical, vision, and dental care, retirement plan, 20 days paid vacation, 12 paid sick days, 11 paid holidays, 2 paid personal days, long-term disability insurance, and professional development allowance.
To apply: Visit http://www.ejusa.org/jobs to apply online. Upload a cover letter and resume in PDF format ONLY by clicking "I'm interested" at the top of the page. Incomplete applications will not be considered. No calls please.
EJUSA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage a diverse pool of candidates to apply, including those impacted by the issues we work on. We consider all applicants on the basis of their ability to perform the job, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, national or ethnic origin, genetic information, physical appearance, age, mental or physical disability, credit history, veteran status, uniform service member status, justice system involvement, victims of domestic violence, stalking, or other crimes, political affiliation, or any other legally protected class. EJUSA does not tolerate discrimination or harassment against any of the above listed classes.
About Equal Justice USA
Equal Justice USA (EJUSA) is a national organization that works to transform the justice system by promoting responses to violence that break cycles of trauma. We work at the intersection of criminal justice, public health, and racial justice to elevate healing over retribution, meet the needs of survivors, advance racial equity, and build community safety.
Want to learn more about Equal Justice USA? Visit Equal Justice USA's website.
Jobs You May Like
Accounting and Finance Operations Manager
HouseCanary, San Francisco