Retail Shop Manager on Duty, Connecticut - Equinox Fitness Clubs
Equinox, Greenwich CT, US
To strive harder. Be bolder. Seek greater.
We are looking for energetic, creative, and enthusiastic Retail Shop Managers-on-Duty to join the Equinox team at its state-of-the-art locations in our Connecticut Clubs. This is a great position for a candidate looking to make a significant impact in a growing and dynamic organization.
The MOD helps direct and motivate the sales team in one Equinox Shop, ensuring the highest level of customer service, a total customer experience, and operational excellence. The MOD takes direction from the Regional, District or Area Shop Manager and the Assistant Manager on business strategy and action plans to ensure maximum productivity and compliance with all company policies and procedures.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
SALES & SERVICE:
- Achievement of assigned monthly sales goals (individual contribution to total monthly store goal)
- Coaches and develops Shop Associates in selling tactics, tools and understanding key business metrics
- Ensure an unparalleled customer experience for all visitors to The Shop and to Equino
- Maintain knowledge of all club and Shop services, programs and products
- Understands and upholds all loss prevention and inventory management policies on a consistent basis, and ensures total team adherence to these same policies
- Ensures both personal and team comprehension of all communication and training materials, and timely/accurate completion of all assigned operational tasks
- Assists Regional, District and/or Area Shop Manager with hiring, training, coaching and development of Shop staff
- Assists Regional, District and/or Area Shop Manager with scheduling and shift coverage
PRODUCT & PRESENTATION:
- Ensures that both The Shop and the Shop staff is reflective of the company brand standards; i.e., through proper execution of merchandising and marketing direction, and through adherence to The Shop dress code
- Enforces and maintains excellent housekeeping and organizational standards on sales floors, at cash wraps and in stockrooms
- Builds effective relationships and partnerships with fellow employees, colleagues, supervisors and clients
- Maintains working knowledge of happenings and general standards and practices outside of The Shop, in other departments to encourage camaraderie and team spirit
- Complies with and enforces all company policies and procedures; embraces and supports company initiatives
- Communicates clearly and effectively at all levels with both tact and diplomacy
To successfully perform in this role, the individual should meet the following minimum requirements and qualifications:
- Proven leadership ability, and the ability to take direction
- Experience in a customer service business; preferably in retail
- Hardworking and diligent, possessing both honesty and personal integrity
- Excellent time management, organizational, problem solving and communication skills
- Ability to utilize new techniques and ideas
- Be available to work a varied schedule, based on the needs of our unique retail business
AS A MEMBER OF THE EQUINOX TEAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- We offer competitive salary, benefits, and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- Perks and incentives with our products and services including Personal Training, Pilates, Spa and Shop
All potential employees are required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination upon an offer of employment unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs or our website at https://careers.equinox.com/
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States.
We are a company with integrated luxury and lifestyle offerings centered on Movement, Nutrition and Regeneration. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle, Furthermore, and Equinox Hotels are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Within our portfolio of brands, we have more than 200 locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, & Vancouver.
Want to learn more about Equinox? Visit Equinox's website.
The best bed for better sleep