Head of Software Engineering, Cloud
Essential Products, Palo Alto, CA
See jobs at Essential Products
- Build extensible and scalable cloud applications and infrastructure
- Maintain and scale existing applications and systems
- Deliver against the product schedule and roadmap
- Establish best practices, development processes and architecture optimized for development and maintaining scalable production systems
- Bachelor degree or higher in Computer Science or related field.
- 8+ years of software development experience.
- 3+ years of people management experience.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Large systems software design and development experience, including experience in Unix/Linux.
- Experience of having worked in at least one modern object-oriented programming language such as Java or C++.
- Solid foundation in design, data structures and algorithms, and strong analytical and debugging skills with customer-facing products experience.
- Experience with professional software engineering best practices such as Agile project management, coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Strong leadership, project planning and execution skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly with technical and non-technical stakeholders at all levels.
- MS or PhD degree in Computer Science.
- 10 years of relevant industry experience, with 5 years of hands-on technical leadership for large-scale, cloud-based, and open source projects.
- Good understanding of private and public cloud design considerations and limitations in the areas of virtualization, global infrastructure, distributed systems, load balancing, networking, massive data storage, Hadoop, MapReduce, and security with any technical paper publications and conference engagements.
- Proven track record of delivering successfully within aggressive timelines.
- Strong organization and prioritization skills along with outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
About Essential Products
About us Introducing Essential. Essential Products is a new type of company focused on creating consumer technology products for the 21st century. Founded by Andy Rubin, co-founder of Android, the world's most widely used operating system, Essential Products is headquartered in Palo Alto, California. For more information, please visit www.essential.com.
Want to learn more about Essential Products? Visit Essential Products's website.
Software that predicts technology trends.
Tech Jobs For You
Operations Solution Architect Senior Manager - Marketing Opera...
Accenture, Multiple Locations, USA