Data Science Intern, Summer 2018
Peer-to-peer e-commerce website focused on handmade or vintage items and supplies
What We’re Working On
- Recommendation and Personalization
- Natural Language Processing and Query Understanding
- Image Processing and Understanding
- Text Understanding
- Ranking for Search and Ads
- Fraud and Abuse Detection
- Large-scale Machine Learning
Who You Are
- You have strong analytical and quantitative skills. You are familiar with techniques in Machine Learning, Data Mining, Recommender Systems, Information Retrieval, Natural Language Processing, Computational Advertising, Deep Learning and Computer Vision or related fields.
- You are currently enrolled in a full-time Ph.D degree program in Machine Learning, Data Mining, Recommender Systems, Information Retrieval, Natural Language Processing, Computational Advertising, Deep Learning and Computer Vision or related fields, and returning to the program after the completion of the internship.
- You have strong technical and programming skills. You are familiar with relevant technologies and languages (e.g. Python, Java, C++ and etc.). You have experience in or desire to learn Hadoop/Spark related Big Data technologies.
- You have demonstrated the capability to review and write technical papers.
- You contribute research that can be applied to Etsy product development.
- You have the ability to quickly prototype ideas and can solve complex problems by adapting creative approaches.
- You are a strong collaborator and communicator and you make the engineers around you grow and learn.
What We Care About
- Curiosity and humility. We are dedicated to learning and constantly improving. We hope you also value things like blameless postmortems and have a natural drive to figure out how everything works.
- Keeping it real. Etsy’s mission and values are a part of everything we do. We care about how our work affects real people in the community and enjoy opportunities to meet them. We are motivated by this mission every day.
Etsy is a marketplace where people around the world connect, both online and offline, to make, sell and buy unique goods.
The heart and soul of Etsy is our global community: the creative entrepreneurs who use Etsy to sell what they make or curate, the shoppers looking for things they can’t find anywhere else, the manufacturers who partner with Etsy sellers to help them grow, and the Etsy employees who maintain and nurture our marketplace.
Want to learn more about Etsy? Visit https://www.etsy.com/
Jobs You May Like
Data Analyst - Product
Nextdoor, San Francisco
Senior Analyst, Data Analytics
Slack, San Francisco
Khan Academy, Mountain View, CA (Remote friendly for US & Canada)
Senior Analytics Engineer, Device Performance
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Part Time Data Analytics Instructor
General Assembly, Boston
Senior Fullsatck Developer