Etsy, Brooklyn, NY
Peer-to-peer e-commerce website focused on handmade or vintage items and supplies
About the Role:
- Your time will be split between conducting and running original research studies, and supporting the operations of the larger Insights team.
- Work with a variety of business stakeholders (e.g. marketers, designers, business development) to assess their needs and develop appropriate market research plans
- Plan, manage and conduct end-to-end research studies. This will include writing RFPs and soliciting bids, designing/programming studies, and leading presentations
- Manage our buyer and seller research communities, currently hosted on Vision Critical
- Analyze third-party data (e.g., ComScore, Mintel, Forrester) to discover insights around the key product categories in which Etsy operates
- Manage Etsy’s insights database, ensuring the business has easy access to the repository of knowledge about our users
- Manage the day to day operations, training and support needs around key research platforms- e.g. Survey Gizmo, Qualtrics, comScore, Vision Critical, Forrester
- Establish best practices for improving our research processes (e.g. around recruitment, preferred supplier lists, lab and facility management etc.)
- You know how to conduct professional-quality market research, incorporating both qualitative and quantitative methods.
- You are a self-starter, and have solid instincts about when to hold the line on methodological rigor, and when to adapt to the changing demands of a project. Most importantly, you approach your work with a sense of genuine curiosity and collaboration.
- Experience running a wide range of market research studies
- Understand both quantitative and qualitative research methods, and can design mixed-method studies where appropriate
- Have experience managing online research communities
- Feel as comfortable conducting research yourself as you are in managing third party research agencies and independent consultants
- Have a solid working knowledge of ComScoreEnjoy tackling difficult problems and digging into data to find answers
- Demonstrate excellent creative written and verbal communication skills
- Can manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Have a basic familiarity with survey programming software (e.g. SurveyGizmo, Qualtrics. Experience with Vision Critical a plus.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant field (e.g., business, marketing, psychology, sociology)
Etsy is a marketplace where people around the world connect, both online and offline, to make, sell and buy unique goods.
The heart and soul of Etsy is our global community: the creative entrepreneurs who use Etsy to sell what they make or curate, the shoppers looking for things they can’t find anywhere else, the manufacturers who partner with Etsy sellers to help them grow, and the Etsy employees who maintain and nurture our marketplace.
Want to learn more about Etsy? Visit https://www.etsy.com/
Jobs You May Like
Domain Expert, Operations
Dataminr, New York, NY
Data Analyst (India)
Khan Academy, Delhi, India
Applied Researcher - Experimentation
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Software Engineering Intern - Greenplum Database
Pivotal Software, Palo Alto, California
Addepar, Mountain View, CA
Data Scientist, Performance Analytics