Senior Product Designer, Member Operations
Peer-to-peer e-commerce website focused on handmade or vintage items and supplies
About the Role
- Work with designers across the entire Etsy experience to identify and create the best customer support experience for our buyers and sellers.
- Partner closely with internal partners to create, validate and iterate on features for internal Etsy admin.
- Map and own the end-to-end customer support journey and identify opportunities to build an engaged user base, outside of traditional, reactive support.
- Help shape your team’s roadmap by understanding team goals and customer needs.
- Create comprehensive solutions to customer problems that deliver meaningful value to our customers and material impact for the business.
- Design simple, usable, and elegant customer experiences informed by mobile trends, data, user research, and brand positioning.
- Document and share your work each step of the way with fellow designers and product partners.
- Work with other designers across Etsy to seek and provide feedback to other product designers.
- Collaborate with a range of roles: Product, Engineering, Research, Data, Support, Business, Operations, Brand Design and Marketing.
- Think strategically about how to roll out designs in small steps to validate your assumptions.
- Work with colleagues who are passionate about design, but who also sing, clog, skateboard, build motorcycles, bike, embroider emoji, host podcasts, design jewelry, draw comic books, and juggle knives. It's not all computers and colors over here.
- Have 5+ years of cross-platform (mobile, desktop, native, email) product design experience.
- Advocate for the importance of solving real customer problems, and has partnered with research teams—or better yet, led research—to validate and inform product thinking.
- Delight in creating sketches, prototypes, research plans, and experiments to validate ideas and opinions.
- Are able to provide samples of work that show creative, user-centered UX solutions, strong visual design and solid information architecture.
- You have a portfolio demonstrating strong mobile experience in the consumer product or ecommerce space.
- Experience bringing blue-sky ideas to life through an iterative human-centered design practice.
- Demonstrate working knowledge or experience using modern development technologies like HTML and SASS/CSS.
- Believe that product, brand, and design decisions are inextricably linked.
- Have experience communicating design decisions and processes openly, clearly, and confidently, regardless of the audience—engineers, PMs, executives, other designers, stakeholders, etc.
- Give and receive honest, thoughtful feedback, and have a track record mentoring other designers.
- Are unafraid to change your opinion in the face of new information or a new understanding of the product goals, you have strong beliefs, but you’re open-minded and able to adapt.
- Has a design process that encourages collaboration between other designers and product teams.
- You are willing to work outside your comfort zone—maybe even excited about it!
- Are excited about learning and growing to take your professional skills and career to the next level.
Etsy is a marketplace where people around the world connect, both online and offline, to make, sell and buy unique goods.
The heart and soul of Etsy is our global community: the creative entrepreneurs who use Etsy to sell what they make or curate, the shoppers looking for things they can’t find anywhere else, the manufacturers who partner with Etsy sellers to help them grow, and the Etsy employees who maintain and nurture our marketplace.