Director of Technical Project Management - Cloud Migration
Etsy, Brooklyn, NY
Peer-to-peer e-commerce website focused on handmade or vintage items and supplies
- A primary deliverable of the Technical Project Management office will be project managing the cloud migration project that is a major, multi-year initiative of the engineering organization.
- Create and manage the plan for the all of the many parts of the system that must be migrated from a data center into the cloud.
- Assemble and coordinate the internal and external teams to gain consensus on deliverables from each team migrating parts of the system to the cloud.
- Collaboratively adapt existing and develop new project plans, processes and communication standards for the teams as part of the cloud migration.
- Manage the formulation and ongoing tracking of each subproject of the cloud migration.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans for cloud migration sub-projects. Own the communication and execution of engineering team members at designated milestones of the cloud migration project.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, requirements documentation, and presentations to executives about the cloud migration project and general engineering status.
- Experience migrating software as a service (SaaS) applications to a cloud hosting provider, i.e. AWS, GCP, Azure.
- Strong influential leader that bring diverse viewpoints together into a single vision.
- Very organized 5+ years of experience with technical project management.
- 5+ years of experience managing project managers.
- Significant experience in organizations leveraging lean/agile methodologies.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Passion for delivering projects on-time and on-budget.
- Proven history in building high-powered teams and working side-by-side with engineering teams based on open communication, collaboration, and accountability.
- Proven experience attracting and retaining elite talent and removing average players, quickly.
Nice to Have
- Successful track record, consistent project success.
- Proven ability to operate in a lean, rapid growth environment.
- A very organized leader with strong persuasive abilities.
- Strong presence and highly influential both externally as well as internally at the senior management level.
- Decisive - gathers the data and makes informed, critical decisions quickly.
- A positive, energetic, can-do attitude.
- Driven to succeed, achievement oriented, self-motivated.
- Creative problem solving skills as well as the ability to ignite the creativity of others.
- High integrity, principles, and ethics.
Etsy is a marketplace where people around the world connect, both online and offline, to make, sell and buy unique goods.
The heart and soul of Etsy is our global community: the creative entrepreneurs who use Etsy to sell what they make or curate, the shoppers looking for things they can’t find anywhere else, the manufacturers who partner with Etsy sellers to help them grow, and the Etsy employees who maintain and nurture our marketplace.
Want to learn more about Etsy? Visit https://www.etsy.com/
Jobs You May Like
Snap Inc., Los Angeles, CA
Senior Staff Gameplay Programmer
PlayStation, Bend, OR
Frontend Software Engineer
Wish, San Francisco, United States
Senior iOS Engineer
Appboy, New York, New York
Upload Engineering Internship - Summer 2018
Vimeo, New York, NY
Software Engineer in Test
Dataminr, New York