Senior Data Analyst, Finance Analytics
Peer-to-peer e-commerce website focused on handmade or vintage items and supplies
About the Role
- Collaborate with FP&A colleagues and accounting, HR and other teams to produce monthly and quarterly financial reviews for the Executive Team and Board of Directors.
- Identify key metrics to understand the performance of different sales and product initiatives, develop dashboards and/or reports to track performance, and perform statistical analyses of experiments.
- Support a variety of teams with ad-hoc analyses that transform raw data into meaningful and impactful insights such as analysis to assess the financial and strategic implications of potential product enhancements, new products, or new businesses.
- Ensure strong data governance, transparency, aggressive documentation, and communication of analyses and methodologies.
- Experience with sales and revenue forecasting and cohort modeling
- Mastery of SQL and experience with R is required
- You have 3-5 years experience as a business or data analyst in which you extracted meaning from very large financial datasets with very little engineering support, preferably in a startup or engineering heavy product organization.
- You are passionate about data-driven decision-making, and can act as a key business partner enabling company management to make informed decisions.
- You are detail-oriented and care about the integrity of your work, quantitative accuracy and understanding sources of inconsistencies.
- You can communicate your insights verbally, visually and in writing in a clear and simple manner tailored to your audience.
- Intellectual curiosity! High energy level with a hands-on approach combined with the ability to provide leadership and structure in a fast paced dynamic environment.
- Your communications are kind, thoughtful and tailored to the audience. You are not afraid to speak your mind, but you always do so with respect and empathy for your colleagues. You want to be a part of a culture that fosters candor, humility and continuous learning.
Etsy is a marketplace where people around the world connect, both online and offline, to make, sell and buy unique goods.
The heart and soul of Etsy is our global community: the creative entrepreneurs who use Etsy to sell what they make or curate, the shoppers looking for things they can’t find anywhere else, the manufacturers who partner with Etsy sellers to help them grow, and the Etsy employees who maintain and nurture our marketplace.
Want to learn more about Etsy? Visit https://www.etsy.com/
Jobs You May Like
Logistics Technical Support Manager
Wish, San Francisco, United States
Senior Data Scientist, Original Content Promotion
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Performance Marketing Analyst
Operational Analytics Associate, Experience
Clover Health, Jersey City, NJ
Senior Machine Learning Scientist, Operations Research
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Applied Research Scientist
Element AI, Toronto