Senior Software Engineer, Infrastructure
Peer-to-peer e-commerce website focused on handmade or vintage items and supplies
About the Job
- Build and maintain Etsy's computing infrastructure, on bare metal in our datacenters and in the cloud.
- Maintain and improve Etsy’s provisioning tools, allowing rapid deployment of service capacity.
- Work with other engineering teams to do capacity planning and provide resources to support traffic growth and new initiatives.
- Experience installing Linux systems on bare metal and/or in virtualized environments.
- Scripting experience with one or more: shell, Ruby, or Python.
- Experience with configuration management systems and concepts (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, etc.)
- Experience working in a cloud environment.
- Proficiency in one or more programming languages. Ruby, Python, Go, and PHP are in general use at Etsy but experience with other languages is also valuable.
- Familiarity with revision control software, especially Git.
- Experience with basic management of core operations systems like DNS, LDAP, and NTP.
- A solid understanding of web application architecture, including TCP/IP and HTTP.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
Nice to Have
- Familiarity with cloud deployment tools and methodologies (Terraform, Packer, Google Cloud Deployment Manager, AWS CloudFormation).
- Experience with automated host provisioning systems such as Cobbler or Foreman.
- Experience with various Out-Of-Band management platforms (ILO, DRAC, etc.) and technologies (IPMI, SNMP).
- Understanding of hardware configuration protocols such as DHCP and PXE, RAID management tools (MegaCLI), and firmware standards like UEFI.
- Professional experience in a web application shop, especially in a "continuous deployment" environment
- Knowledge of key networking concepts such as VLANs, load balancing, TCP and firewalls.
- Experience working with virtualization, both on-premises and in the cloud. Specific experience with Linux KVM and LXC containers a plus.
- Experience with Kubernetes or other container orchestration frameworks.
Etsy is a marketplace where people around the world connect, both online and offline, to make, sell and buy unique goods.
The heart and soul of Etsy is our global community: the creative entrepreneurs who use Etsy to sell what they make or curate, the shoppers looking for things they can’t find anywhere else, the manufacturers who partner with Etsy sellers to help them grow, and the Etsy employees who maintain and nurture our marketplace.
Want to learn more about Etsy? Visit https://www.etsy.com/
Jobs You May Like
Sr. Software Engineer
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL or Dallas, TX or Sunnyvale, CA
Mobile Automation Engineer/SDET
Upthere, Redwood City
Repair Technicians (Mobile Phones + Tablets)
Dropbox Launch Intern - Summer 2018
Dropbox, San Francisco, CA
Oh My Green, San Mateo, CA
Senior Backend Engineer
Honey, Downtown Los Angeles