Senior Software Engineer, Provisioning Team
Peer-to-peer e-commerce website focused on handmade or vintage items and supplies
About the Role
- We have just begun our migration journey from our own Data Centers to Google Cloud for our Etsy Platform
- We apply software engineering to Orchestrate, Automate and Provision our apps and services in the platform and build the missing pieces
- We are developing next generation Automation to ensure our platform runs autonomously and continuously improving our DevOps tools
- We are the go to team for Linux Systems trouble shooting and how to build applications, tools and services within Kubernetes Ecosystem
- There will be a mix of work supporting the current infrastructure, building the new one (using Terraform, Jenkins and other services), while collaborating with other engineering teams in the Etsy Community such as Observability in the migration.
- All team members participate in an on-call rotation to continuously identify and automate our services for continuous improvement
- You appreciate the full stack and continuously grow your software skills
- You are passionate in writing code (Go, PHP, Ruby, Python, C) and use code to contribute making the platform efficient
- You have experienced building, deploying and operating apps/services within Cloud Infrastructures such as Google Cloud, AWS or similar
- You have in-depth knowledge of Linux operating systems
- You have developed and integrated applications and tools in the Kubernetes Ecosystem and what backend solutions to integrate
- You have experience in building API's and adopting micro-services technique in your design and build of applications and services
- You contribute to other team tasks sharing your knowledge and improve the code others have written
- You love to experiment and use data to drive decision-making design
- You understand that being an effective software engineer is as much about communicating with people and understanding the problem to be solved as it is about writing code.
Etsy is a marketplace where people around the world connect, both online and offline, to make, sell and buy unique goods.
The heart and soul of Etsy is our global community: the creative entrepreneurs who use Etsy to sell what they make or curate, the shoppers looking for things they can’t find anywhere else, the manufacturers who partner with Etsy sellers to help them grow, and the Etsy employees who maintain and nurture our marketplace.
Want to learn more about Etsy? Visit Etsy's website.
Jobs You May Like
Technical Support Engineer
Cloudflare, San Francisco
Software Engineer, Back End
Elementum, Elementum HQ
ESC, Birmingham City Centre
Field Staff Appraiser - Clario Appraisal Network
Clear Capital, Washington State
Application Engineer - Regional
Markforged, US - Midwest (Detroit, Minneapolis, Chicago)