Senior Software Engineer, Compute Team
Peer-to-peer e-commerce website focused on handmade or vintage items and supplies
About the Role
- Be part of the team on-call rotation for production runtime systems.
- Assist other teams with adoption of container and orchestration technologies.
- Migrate existing systems to containers and Kubernetes, both on-prem and in the cloud.
- Build tools for others to use to gain insights about their workloadsWork with a distributed team.
- Empathy, communication, and technical skill are valued equally.
- A software engineer who takes pride in building reliable and sustainable systems.
- You can define and solve unconstrained problems.
- You are comfortable providing estimates or project ideas that will influence your team’s roadmap.
- Know how and when to make trade-offs when building systems.
- Know when to seek help when no progress is being made.
- You are a strong collaborator and communicator and can mentor other engineers.
- Nice to Have...
- You have previous experience with container and orchestration technologies.
- You have experience with bare metal and cloud environments.
- You have experience with Go, Ruby, bash or PHP.
Etsy is a marketplace where people around the world connect, both online and offline, to make, sell and buy unique goods.
The heart and soul of Etsy is our global community: the creative entrepreneurs who use Etsy to sell what they make or curate, the shoppers looking for things they can’t find anywhere else, the manufacturers who partner with Etsy sellers to help them grow, and the Etsy employees who maintain and nurture our marketplace.
Want to learn more about Etsy? Visit Etsy's website.
Jobs You May Like
Business Intelligence Developer
DevOps Cloud Engineer
LogRhythm, Boulder, CO
Scrum Master - Embedded Team
Fitbit, Romania - Bucharest
Engineering Manager - Product Engineering
Dropbox, New York, NY
Senior Software Engineer - iOS
Discord, 444 De Haro St
Betterment, Betterment HQ - New York City