Senior Software Engineer, Compute Team - Dublin
Peer-to-peer e-commerce website focused on handmade or vintage items and supplies
About the Role
- We have just begun our migration journey to Google Cloud Platform
- We apply software engineering techniques and build upon them to orchestrate, automate and provision our apps and services in the platform on Google infrastructure
- Migrate existing systems to containers and apply instrumentation techniques such as tracing to aid in the troubleshooting of applications in containers and shared infrastructure
- Build tools for others to gain insights about their workloads and learn how to best design and build distributed large scale Infrastructure
- We solve problems and work as a distributed team
- Empathy, communication, and technical skill are valued equally.
- All team members participate in an on-call rotation to continuously identify and automate our services for continuous improvement
- You understand that being an effective software engineer is as much about communicating with people and understanding the problem to be solved as it is about writing code
- You are passionate about writing code (for example one or more of the following: Go, Ruby, Python, C - we are not too picky!) and use code to contribute to making the platform efficient
- Experience in using Ruby and Chef for automation and workflow development
- You are comfortable providing estimates or project ideas that will influence your team’s roadmap.
- Experience working with LAMP stacks and the ability to problem solve when things are not working as planned
- You have in-depth knowledge of Linux operating systems and have experience of hypervisors, Linux containers and orchestration managers
- Know how and when to make trade-offs when building systems
- You have experience building APIs and adopting micro-service architecture in your design and build of applications and services
- You are a strong collaborator and communicator and can mentor other engineers.
Etsy is a marketplace where people around the world connect, both online and offline, to make, sell and buy unique goods.
The heart and soul of Etsy is our global community: the creative entrepreneurs who use Etsy to sell what they make or curate, the shoppers looking for things they can’t find anywhere else, the manufacturers who partner with Etsy sellers to help them grow, and the Etsy employees who maintain and nurture our marketplace.
Want to learn more about Etsy? Visit Etsy's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Software Engineer, Backend
MyFitnessPal, Austin, TX
Full Stack Engineer
Knotel, Knotel NYC
Full-Stack Engineer - New Ventures
thredUP, San Francisco, CA
Blink Health, New York City
Engineering Manager, Release and Quality
Pinterest, San Francisco
Senior Sales Engineer