Senior Systems Engineer, Observability Team - Dublin
Peer-to-peer e-commerce website focused on handmade or vintage items and supplies
About the Role
- Under the Observability umbrella we architect, deploy, and operate the instrumentation, distributed logging, monitoring, alerting, and visualization in the Etsy Platform.
- We believe in measuring almost everything and we strive to back our direction with strong data.
- We use,Elastic Stack, Graphite, and Nagios extensively.
- We continue to enhance our Observability stack with systems such as Prometheus to better support distributed and highly available stateless systems in Kubernetes clusters.
- We strive to create and enhance existing tools where they fall short.
- All team members participate in a one week on-call rotation with a focus on continuously identify ways to improve and automate our services.
- We value appropriate documentation and take the time to update it.
- You appreciate the full stack and are excited to increase your understanding of it.
- You continuously grow your Systems and Software Engineering skills and use these for company-wide improvements.
- You have experience in tools/services such as Elastic Stack, Nagios, Graphite, Kafka, and Prometheus.
- You are passionate about writing code, preferably in Go, Ruby, and Python.
- You have in-depth knowledge of the Linux operating system and have hands-on operational experience with virtual machines, Linux Containers, and cloud infrastructures.
- You love to experiment and use data to contribute to decision-making.
- You understand that being an effective engineer is as much about communicating with people and understanding the problem to be solved as it is about writing code.
- You strive to continuously improve yourself and your team.
- You care about "the why".
- You are passionate about your customer's experience.
Etsy is a marketplace where people around the world connect, both online and offline, to make, sell and buy unique goods.
The heart and soul of Etsy is our global community: the creative entrepreneurs who use Etsy to sell what they make or curate, the shoppers looking for things they can’t find anywhere else, the manufacturers who partner with Etsy sellers to help them grow, and the Etsy employees who maintain and nurture our marketplace.
Want to learn more about Etsy? Visit Etsy's website.
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineer, Full Stack
BuildZoom, San Francisco, CA
Program Manager, Camera Calibration
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL
Site Reliability Engineer
Thumbtack, San Francisco
Legal Summer 2019 Intern
Slack, San Francisco
Lead Software Developer
Quorum, Washington, DC