Senior Frontend Software Engineer, Frontend Engineering Systems New York, NY
Etsy, New York, NY
Peer-to-peer e-commerce website focused on handmade or vintage items and supplies
About the Role
- You’ll help us explore and apply new frontend technology on a large scale, serve as an advocate for frontend best practices, and shape how products are built at Etsy.
- You compliment a strong front-end knowledge with competency in backend code for tooling and running experiments. We use Node.js and PHP, but experience in other languages is also great.
- You’ll work most closely with our product engineers, while also meeting an array of partners from across the organization.
- We believe strongly in using both quantitative and qualitative methods to guide decisions. To that end, you'll use our in-house analytics tools to bring together information and gain insights. You'll also use Etsy's Continuous Deployment architecture to push code to production early and often (and you'll probably push in your first week here).
- You have experience with multiple frontend frameworks; we primarily use jQuery and React, but alternate experience is acceptable.
- You’re interested in observing existing development patterns, identifying their strengths and weaknesses, and designing flexible and maintainable solutions to augment those patterns.
- You have an appreciation for systems-thinking when it comes to creating reusable code and consistent user experiences.
- You care deeply about performance, usability, and accessibility on a variety of devices.
- You are comfortable working with legacy code while working towards improving it.
- You might have experience using and/or building living Design Systems.
- You're comfortable collaborating with teams to discuss technical and usability trade-offs (with respect to accessibility, performance, asset size, maintainability, etc.) to achieve a more successful feature.
- You are mindful of the future and strive to create reliable, documented code that other people–or you, six months into the future–will find easy to comprehend and modify.
- You love to experiment and use data to drive decision-making.
- You appreciate appealing and usable design and consider the details in everything you do.
- You believe in the connective power of Etsy’s peer-to-peer marketplace, and have the technical skills to make it stronger.
Etsy is a marketplace where people around the world connect, both online and offline, to make, sell and buy unique goods.
The heart and soul of Etsy is our global community: the creative entrepreneurs who use Etsy to sell what they make or curate, the shoppers looking for things they can’t find anywhere else, the manufacturers who partner with Etsy sellers to help them grow, and the Etsy employees who maintain and nurture our marketplace.
Want to learn more about Etsy? Visit Etsy's website.
Jobs You May Like
Forward Deployed Security Engineer
Palantir Technologies, Stockholm, Sweden
Software Engineer (45 openings)
Flexport, San Francisco, CA
Senior Software Engineer
Teachable, New York, NY
Lead Application Security Engineer
Intersection, New York
Senior / Software Engineer - Ruby on Rails
Systems Software Engineer
Sidewalk Labs, San Francisco or Kansas City