Director, Financial Planning and Analysis
Peer-to-peer e-commerce website focused on handmade or vintage items and supplies
Etsy is continuing to build out the Finance team and is seeking a Finance Business Partner, to be based in Brooklyn, NY. Our team is quick and agile, working vertically and horizontally across the company without skipping a beat. We analyze numbers to understand trends and results so that we can help give shape to future growth opportunities.
Etsy is seeking a Director, Financial Planning and Analysis, to be based in Brooklyn, NY. Reporting to the VP of FP&A, this position requires a highly accomplished and analytical financial professional with a demonstrated track record of success in a dynamic, high growth environment.
You are a successful business partner. You communicate clearly and are able to successfully juggle multiple priorities and complete assignments in a fast-paced environment. You are a fun, friendly and open-minded individual, you embody a strong team-first attitude. You are responsive and adapt quickly to change, embrace challenges and champion the advancement of financial planning tools, systems, controls and analyses. You will thrill in translating this hard work into outputs that will enhance Senior Management and Board-Level decision making and further Etsy’s mission to re-imagine commerce in ways that build a more fulfilling and lasting world.
The Financial Planning and Analysis group has a business partner philosophy and structure, where each Director on the team is aligned with a part of Etsy’s business. The Finance Business Partner will lead all financial planning and forecasting processes for the business they support and will provide critical analyses and insights to help drive business decisions. The position requires an experienced financial professional capable of juggling multiple priorities in a dynamic, rapidly growing and fluid organization. The individual must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and must be able to work effectively across organizational and functional boundaries. This person must be highly organized and skilled at creating structure in situations that are uncertain or ambiguous for a rapidly growing business.
About the Role
- Analyze historical and current trends and articulate these trends (and their business outputs) to Shared Service leaders to create forecasts related to future opportunities.
- Oversee Senior Analyst and collaborate with Managers and Analysts across the team in performing budgets/forecasts and monthly/quarterly financial reviews.
- Own and understand Etsy’s Shared Services financial results and be able to aid in telling the story on Etsy’s financial picture.
- Coordinate with Financial Systems team on build out, improvements, and maintenance of the financial planning process system, Host Analytics.
- Collaborate with full FP&A team on projects such as analyzing product P&L’s and assessing the financial and strategic implications of potential product enhancements, new products, or new businesses.
- Champion FP&A and our goal to be the heartbeat of the organization.
- Expert in financial modeling, Google docs, Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint. Added plus if you have used Host Analytics and/or Workday Financial Management
- 10+ years of finance experience, including experience in financial planning and business analysis and managing direct report(s).
- 3 +Years in an investment banking analyst position or equivalent experience
- At least 2+ years managing others
- An ideal candidate has participated in the budgeting and forecasting process at a company of similar or larger size to Etsy and thrives in a continuous planning environment.
- You know how to develop cross-functional relationships.
- Outstanding academic record and exceptional work ethic.
- Mastery of Microsoft Office (Excel in particular) is required and bonus points for experience with.
- Firm grasp of GAAP; strong familiarity with e-Commerce and technology is a plus.
- Intellectual curiosity! High energy level with a hands-on approach combined with the ability to provide leadership and structure in a fast paced dynamic environment.
- Thrives when working in a collaborative and highly charged environment. Your colleagues sit in an open space surrounded by high-intensity co-workers.
- Highest professional and ethical standards: Etsy has earned a reputation for honesty, professionalism, fair dealing and transparency. Must commit to these values and uphold them at all times.
Interested in working with us? Send us a cover letter and your resume explaining why you’d be great for the job. We value your unique talents and point of view, so feel free to tell us what you are all about. If you have an online presence (blog, Twitter, Facebook), send it along. And if you write, draw, craft, or contribute to something you’re proud of, we’d love to hear about it.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of color, ancestry, religion, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status.
Etsy is a marketplace where people around the world connect, both online and offline, to make, sell and buy unique goods.
The heart and soul of Etsy is our global community: the creative entrepreneurs who use Etsy to sell what they make or curate, the shoppers looking for things they can’t find anywhere else, the manufacturers who partner with Etsy sellers to help them grow, and the Etsy employees who maintain and nurture our marketplace.
Want to learn more about Etsy? Visit