Senior Network Security Engineer
Peer-to-peer e-commerce website focused on handmade or vintage items and supplies
Etsy Security seeks a senior network security engineer excited to protect an online marketplace bustling with millions of buyers and sellers daily. Seasoned in attack prevention, detection, and response, you’ll leverage deep professional experience into safeguarding an ever-evolving commercial ecosystem.
What’s it like working at Etsy? "Keep commerce human" exhorts our Mission, and this focus on personal connection pervades the company. Cross pollination within Security, and throughout Engineering as a whole, facilitates innovation on the very vanguard of our field. You’ll be collaborating with peers who prize intellectual rigor, ingenuity, and experimentation as paramount, in an environment that affords a rich benefits package and ample career growth. If this portrait appeals to you, we would love to speak further about your future on Etsy Security.
This is a full-time role located in Brooklyn, NY.
About the Role
- Defend Etsy’s networks and infrastructure by hardening vulnerabilities, implementing alerting systems, and performing anomaly analysis.
- You’re a skilled builder whose approach to developing software is informed by a talent for breaking it; versed in real world attack techniques, you channel black hat savvy into pragmatic security measures.
- Complementing these core strengths, you’re a creative collaborator eager to brainstorm and troubleshoot with teammates across the organization.
- You love programming and building solid, tested, reliable things over just breaking things for the lulz.
- You have a desire to design and implement attack detection technologies to help protect network boundaries and systems.
- You're prone to taking things apart to see how they work (regardless of whether there is left over screws at the end).
- You prefer working on a great team on great things, rather than burning the midnight oil at home.
- You have a professional understanding of modern web application architecture, TCP/IP, HTTP, and standard network and system security technologies.
- You have a solid working knowledge of operations engineering (specifically Linux and OS X).
- You champion the idea of Security as an enabler, and enjoy collaborating with colleagues to architect and ship projects securely.
Interested in working with us? Send us a cover letter and your resume explaining why you’d be great for the job. We value your unique talents and point of view, so feel free to tell us what you are all about. If you have an online presence (blog, Twitter, Facebook), send it along. And if you write, draw, craft, or contribute to something you’re proud of, we’d love to hear about it.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of color, ancestry, religion, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status.
Etsy is a marketplace where people around the world connect, both online and offline, to make, sell and buy unique goods.
The heart and soul of Etsy is our global community: the creative entrepreneurs who use Etsy to sell what they make or curate, the shoppers looking for things they can’t find anywhere else, the manufacturers who partner with Etsy sellers to help them grow, and the Etsy employees who maintain and nurture our marketplace.
Want to learn more about Etsy? Visit