USGAAP Technical Accounting Director
Etsy, New York, NY
Peer-to-peer e-commerce website focused on handmade or vintage items and supplies
About the Role
- Ensure thoughtful, timely and accurate research and documentation of technical accounting matters applicable to the company, such as Goodwill, Intangibles Asset, Cloud Based Contracts, Derivatives, Debt Instruments (Convertible Debt, Traditional Debt), EPS, etc.
- Stay informed on new accounting guidance for applicability to the company and ensure proper implementation, such as Revenue Recognition, Leasing, Cloud Based Contracts, etc.
- Preparation of information in SEC filing documents, including 10Ks, 10Qs and 8Ks.
- Review all new Company contracts for accounting and finance implications. Partner with Legal and Business areas to resolve issues.
- Review all new Company initiatives for accounting and finance implications. Build strong relationships within the accounting and overall finance teams, as well as cross-functionally in order to support these initiatives and resolve issues.
- Monitor ongoing and upcoming business transactions, as applicable, to advise our internal business partners on any accounting considerations.
- Liaise with Internal Audit to ensure a strong internal financial control environment with regard to new accounting areas (e.g. new pronouncements, new products, new businesses, etc.)
- Work closely with the external audit team and internal controls team to provide supporting documents related to all technical accounting areas.
- Prepare presentations and present to Controller and/or Executive Team on critical and/or material accounting matters.
- Participate in the leadership team of the Controllership organization
- Experience in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Total experience of 10 years, with a minimum of four years in a global SEC-compliant organization or as an auditor for a global SEC filer at a big four accounting firm.
- BS Degree in Accounting (Masters of Accounting a plus).
- CPA certification is mandatory.
- Experience successfully implementing issued accounting pronouncements, including research on application, communication and rollout to impacted teams, and updates to required disclosures.
- Ability to prioritize and work dedicatedly and independently, productively collaborating with relevant teams as necessary to manage priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional peers and other members of management.
- A positive outlook, a natural intellectual curiosity and a drive to make things better.
- Ability to be a creative business partner to business partners in supporting rapid growth
- Good judgment and discretion.
- Excellent organizational, prioritization and process improvement skills
- Ability to think critically and recognize discrepancies and anomalies through analysis.
Etsy is a marketplace where people around the world connect, both online and offline, to make, sell and buy unique goods.
The heart and soul of Etsy is our global community: the creative entrepreneurs who use Etsy to sell what they make or curate, the shoppers looking for things they can’t find anywhere else, the manufacturers who partner with Etsy sellers to help them grow, and the Etsy employees who maintain and nurture our marketplace.
Want to learn more about Etsy? Visit Etsy's website.
Jobs You May Like
Looker, Santa Cruz
Production Accountant - Animation
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Operations Manager - Payments
Airbnb, San Francisco, United States
Paralegal, Community Operations
Airbnb, Portland, United States
Director, SEC Reporting & SOX Compliance
Fitbit, US - San Francisco
Snr Legal & Data Ethics (Privacy) Counsel for APAC