Senior Product Design Manager, Shopping Experiences
Etsy, New York, NY
Peer-to-peer e-commerce website focused on handmade or vintage items and supplies
About the Role:
- Work with leaders across Etsy to identify and anticipate design needs and opportunities, increasing everyone’s design know-how along the way
- Recruit and hire exceptional design talent and facilitate onboarding of those new awesome designers
- Encourage and create adaptive teams with growth mindsets
- Help establish clear, challenging, and growth-centered goals for designers
- Shape the team’s vision and strategy by bringing in strong perspectives informed by qualitative and quantitative insights and external opportunities
- Think strategically about how to roll out designs in small steps to validate assumptions while balancing taking larger leaps to materially change the customer experience
- Lead regular design reviews, critiques, and ideation sessions for team members
- Facilitate continuous learning and improvement for the product design team and its members
- Collaborate with every team at Etsy: Product, Engineering, Research, Data, Support, Business, Operations, Brand Design and Marketing. Only together can we develop and ship holistic, brand-aligned experiences.
- Work with people who are passionate about design, but who also sing, clog, skateboard, build motorcycles, bike, embroider emoji, host podcasts, design jewelry, draw comic books, and juggle literal knives. It's not all computers and colors over here.
- Live in, or be willing to commute to, Brooklyn, NY
- Have 3-4+ years of experience working as a Design Manager
- Have 7+ years of cross-platform product design experience
- Have built customer facing ecommerce experiences
- You have a portfolio demonstrating strong experience in consumer products or ecommerce space with examples of work that show creative, user-centered UX solutions, strong visual design and solid information architecture
- Believe that product, brand, and design decisions are inextricably linked
- Are a great design team leader, manager, systems-level design thinker, and visionary—with strong instincts and outstanding intuition
- Are a fierce advocate for the customer, and are committed to creating elegantly simple user experiences from complex workflows
- Are an expert mentor and coach able to give and receive honest, thoughtful, and direct feedback to encourage learning and growth
- Are unafraid to change your opinion in the face of new information—you have strong beliefs and you’re open-minded
- Have partnered with research teams—or better yet, led research experiments—to validate and inform product thinking
- Communicate design decisions openly and confidently, regardless of the audience—engineers, PMs, executives, other designers, etc.
- Are willing to work outside your comfort zone—maybe even excited about it!
- Are super excited about learning and growing to take your professional skills to the next level
Etsy is a marketplace where people around the world connect, both online and offline, to make, sell and buy unique goods.
The heart and soul of Etsy is our global community: the creative entrepreneurs who use Etsy to sell what they make or curate, the shoppers looking for things they can’t find anywhere else, the manufacturers who partner with Etsy sellers to help them grow, and the Etsy employees who maintain and nurture our marketplace.
Want to learn more about Etsy? Visit Etsy's website.
Jobs You May Like
VP of Product Management
Change.org, San Francisco, CA, USA
Cherwell Software, United States
Product Designer, Design System & Patterns
Reddit, San Francisco
QA Software Test Engineer
Brooks Running, US, Washington, Seattle, Corporate
Data Systems Manager/Registrar (2019-20)
Khan Lab School, Khan Lab School