Data Scientist, Machine Learning and AI (Brooklyn, NY)
Etsy, Brooklyn, NY
Peer-to-peer e-commerce website focused on handmade or vintage items and supplies
About the Role
- Recommendation and Personalization
- Natural Language Processing and Query Understanding
- Deep Learning
- Image Processing and Understanding
- Text Understanding
- Learning to Ranking for Search and Ads
- Fraud and Abuse Detection
- Large-scale Machine Learning
- You share our values (below) and are looking for a company that has a solid mission.
- You have strong analytical and quantitative skills. You are familiar with techniques in Machine Learning, Data Mining, Recommender Systems, Information Retrieval, Natural Language Processing, Computational Advertising, Deep Learning and Computer Vision or related fields.
- You have a Ph.D. degree in Machine Learning, Data Mining, Recommender Systems, Information Retrieval, Natural Language Processing, Computational Advertising, Deep Learning and Computer Vision or related fields.
- You have strong technical and programming skills. You are familiar with relevant technologies and languages (e.g. Python, Java, C++ and etc.). You have experience in or desire to learn Hadoop/Spark related Big Data technologies.
- You have demonstrated the capability to review and write technical papers.
- You can contribute to research that can be applied to Etsy products.
- You have the ability to quickly prototype ideas and solve complex problems by adapting creative approaches.
- You are a strong collaborator and communicator and you make the engineers around you grow and learn.
Etsy is a marketplace where people around the world connect, both online and offline, to make, sell and buy unique goods.
The heart and soul of Etsy is our global community: the creative entrepreneurs who use Etsy to sell what they make or curate, the shoppers looking for things they can’t find anywhere else, the manufacturers who partner with Etsy sellers to help them grow, and the Etsy employees who maintain and nurture our marketplace.
Want to learn more about Etsy? Visit https://www.etsy.com/
Jobs You May Like
UX Researcher – Mixed Methods
trivago, Düsseldorf, Germany
Workday - HRIS Technical Manager
TripAdvisor, Needham, MA
The Linux Foundation, Remote
User Experience Researcher - Seller Insights
Etsy, Brooklyn, NY
Part time Japanese Music Specialist
Shazam, Tokyo or San Francisco Bay Area
Data Scientist, Intern 2018 - Analytics
Airbnb, San Francisco, California