Full Stack Software Engineer, Product Engineering
Etsy, New York, NY
Peer-to-peer e-commerce website focused on handmade or vintage items and supplies
About the Role
- You'll be helping us build delightful products and experiences for people buying and selling with Etsy.
- The teams working on each feature are small, so there's a lot of meaningful collaboration between engineers, product managers, and designers.
- We believe strongly in using both quantitative and qualitative methods to guide decisions. To that end, you'll be able to use our in-house analytics tools to gather information and gain insights. With a strong focus on creative entrepreneurs, you will work closely alongside our research team, go on studio visits, and discover insights in our forums. You'll also be able to use Etsy's Continuous Deployment architecture to push code to production early and often (and you'll probably push in your first week here).
- You can define and solve unconstrained problems, and know when to seek help when no progress is being made.
- You're comfortable collaborating closely with product managers and designers, providing estimates or product ideas that will influence your team’s roadmap.
- You have a “leave it better than you found it” mentality, and are willing to work with and improve on code you did not originally write.
- You love to experiment and use data to drive decision-making.
- You're generous with your time and experience, and can mentor other engineers.
- We need you to be a mindful, transparent, and communicative member of your team.
Etsy is a marketplace where people around the world connect, both online and offline, to make, sell and buy unique goods.
The heart and soul of Etsy is our global community: the creative entrepreneurs who use Etsy to sell what they make or curate, the shoppers looking for things they can’t find anywhere else, the manufacturers who partner with Etsy sellers to help them grow, and the Etsy employees who maintain and nurture our marketplace.
Want to learn more about Etsy? Visit Etsy's website.
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineer - Front End Mobile Web Developer
Iterable, San Francisco, CA
Agile Coach / Scrum Master (m/f)
Software Engineer: New Grad 2019 - Web & Mobile (LA)
Oscar, New York
ModCloth, Pittsburgh, PA
Software Engineer, Data Science
DoorDash, San Francisco, CA
Senior Machine Learning Engineer
Credit Karma, San Francisco, CA